HMD Global has announced its latest budget smartphone called Nokia 2. It was announced at an event held in India.
The mobile is 9.30 mm thick, sports a 6000 series aluminum frame and poly-carbonate back. Moreover, the mobile has IP52 rating making it splash proof.
The Nokia 2 comes in Single (in some markets) and Dual SIM slot options. Moreover, it supports 4G LTE (with VoLTE) and delivers Cat.4 speeds (150Mbps DL / 50Mbps UL). It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS out of the box.
The Nokia 2 specs include 5MP front camera for selfies and 8MP rear shooter with LED Flash. The mobile phone is juiced up by 4100 mAH battery capacity.
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.3 mm
- IP52 rating (Splash resistant)
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Single / Dual Nano SIM slot options (Depending on market)
- 5-inch In-Cel LTPS LCD Display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 1300:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 Mobile Platform with Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 8GB internal storage space, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card.
- 5MP front camera, fixed focus
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, Auto Focus
- 4100 mAH battery capacity
- 4G LTE (with VoLTE), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, MicroUSB V2.0
- FM Radio with RDS, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Single speaker
- Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, e-Compass
The Nokia 2 price is set at €99 (US$ 115 / Rs. 7470 approx.) and will go on sale in mid November 2017. It comes in Pewter / Black, Pewter / White and Copper / Black colors.