HMD Global has unveiled a new Android 9 Pie Go Edition smartphone in Kenya called Nokia C1. It comes with entry level specs and is a 3G only mobile.
Equipped with a 5.45-inch FWVGA+ display, the Nokia C1 house a 1.3Ghz quad-core SoC. It is backed by a mere 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM which is further expandable.
Other specs of Nokia C1 include 5MP selfie camera and 5MP auto focus rear shooter with LED Flash. A 2500mAh removable battery is present. There is a dedicated google assistant button as well.
Nokia C1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 147.61 x 71.4 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie GO Edition
- Display: 5.45-inch Toughened glass display with 960 x 480 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: 1.3GHz quad-core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 16GB built-in, expandable up to 64GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 5MP
- Rear cameras: 5MP with LED Flash, F/2.4 Aperture, Auto Focus
- Battery: 2500mAh (removable) with 5V/1A charging
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, MicroUSB V2.0, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer
The Nokia C1 price is 5999 Kenyan Shilling (US$ 59 / Rs. 4200 approx.) and comes in Red and Black colors. It will roll out in other African countries, Middle East and APAC regions soon.