Nubia has officially unveiled its latest flagship gaming smartphones in China called REDMAGIC 7 and REDMAGIC 7 Pro.
Nubia RedMagic 7 and RedMagic 7 Pro specifications and features
Both of these mobile phones are meant for gaming. They come with shoulder triggers boasting 500Hz touch sampling and 7.4ms low response time. The shoulder triggers make use of 5-channel custom IC for smoother gaming experience.
The RedMagic 7 has dimensions of 170.57 x 78.33 x 9.5 mm and weighs 215 grams. It has a 4500mAh (typical) / 4380mAh (minimum) battery capacity and brings support for 120W fast charging. The handset houses an 8MP front facing camera.
The RedMagic 7 Pro measures 666.27 x 77.1 x 9.98 mm and has weight of 235 grams. It has a 5000mAh (typical) battery inside and supports 135W fast charging. The Pro variant uses a 16MP under-display selfie camera tech. The UDC technology leverages tripod-shaped pixel arrangement and wave-shaped electrode wiring. Nubia has used high-transparency materials on UDC Pro display chip and is operated using ACE Circuit design.
Both of these mobile phones offer dual SIM connectivity with its Nano Slots and has support for 5G SA/NSA and Dual 4G VoLTE. They come with an in-display fingerprint sensor for biometrics and run on Android 12 based Redmagic OS 5.0.
They come with 6.8-inch AMOLED display and offers 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio. Their screens deliver 10-bit color depth, 100% DCI-P3 colors and DC dimming. The Nubia RedMagic 7 boasts 165Hz refresh rate, up to 720Hz touch sampling rate and up to 700nits brightness. The Nubia RedMagic 7 Pro comes with 120Hz refresh rate, 960Hz touch sampling rate and gives out up to 600nits brightness.
Powering inside both of these mobile phones is an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor with Adreno next-gen GPU. These come with stereo speaker setup with dual Smart PA and triple microphones for noise cancellation.
Both gaming cell phones feature in new ICE 8.0 cooling system, consisting of nine-layer cooling structure and a cooling area of up to 41279mm² and a 4124mm² super large VC cooling plate. Also built inside is a turbofan with up to 20,000 RPM and a canyon air duct with 2nd air inlet for increased air flow.
The REDMAGIC 7 has options of 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 (6400) RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage and 12GB/16GBLPDDR5 (6400) RAM with 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage space. The variants of REDMAGIC 7 Pro start with 12GB LPDDR5 (6400) RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage and 12GB/16Gb/18GB LPDDR5 RAM (6400) with 256GB/512GB/1TB UFS 3.1 storage.
Both of these come with triple rear camera setup consisting of 64MP main, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide angle lens and 2MP Macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture. They support Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4GHz/5GHz/6GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, Dual Band GPS/GLONASS/Beidou and 3.5mm audio jack.
Price, colors and availability
- REDMAGIC 7 8GB/128GB model – 3999 yuan (US$ 630 / Rs. 47,380 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 12GB/128GB model – 4399 yuan (US$ 694 / Rs. 52,110 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 12GB/256GB model – 4799 yuan (US$ 757 / Rs. 56,845 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 12GB/256GB Transparent Edition model – 4899 yuan (US$ 772 / Rs. 58,020 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 16GB/512GB Transparent Edition model – 5499 yuan (US$ 867 / Rs. 65,130 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 12GB/128GB model – 4799 yuan (US$ 757 / Rs. 56,845 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 12GB/256GB model – 5199 yuan (US$ 820 / Rs. 61,575 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 16GB/256GB model – 5599 yuan (US$ 883 / Rs. 66,304 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 12GB/256GB Transparent Edition model – 5299 yuan (US$ 883 / Rs. 66,304 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 16GB/256GB Transparent Edition model – 5699 yuan (US$ 889 / Rs. 67,480 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 18GB/512GB Transparent Edition model – 6499 yuan (US$ 1025 / Rs. 76,955 approx.)
- REDMAGIC 7 Pro 18GB/1TB Transparent Edition model – 7499 yuan (US$ 1183 / Rs. 88,800 approx.)
- Turbo Cooler in gray or transparent version – 199 yuan (US$ 31 / Rs. 2,355 approx.)
- REDMAGIC Magnetic Cooler – 299 yuan (US$ 47 / Rs. 3,540 approx.)
The Nubia REDMAGIC 7 color options include Cyber Neon, Night Knight and Deuterium Transparent Edition. The Nubia REDMAGIC 7 Pro has Cyber Neon, Polar Black Night and Deuterium Blade Transparent Editions.
Both of these mobiles are up for order in China and will go on sale from February 21st. Global launch is slated from February 22nd, with sales starting from March 10th.