ZTE’s NUBIA brand has just announced its latest gaming smartphone in China called Nubia RedMagic 5S. It is powered by Android 10 with RedMagic OS on top and comes with GPU Boost technology for enhanced gaming performance.
The smartphone houses an in-display fingerprint sensor and comes with dual IC touch game shoulder buttons with 320Hz touch response time and offers 4D intelligent vibrations. At the front side is 6.65-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Talking about response times, it has 14.9ms follow-up response time, 45ms sliding response time and 32.2ms click response time.
The Nubia RedMagic 5S specs include octa-core Snapdragon 865 SoC with 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM options and 128GB/256GB storage variants. The smartphone features in upgraded multi-dimensional cooling system called ICE 4.0. It consists of AIR + Liquid cooling which consists centrifugal fan with 15000rpm speeds. It has 10 intelligent temperature sensors and L-shaped cooling time and sports transparent air duct design making up of aerospace-grande nano thermal materials.
The Nubia RedMagic 5S features in 4500mAh battery and supports 55W fast charging (air-cooled turbo-fast charging). It can charge up to 68% in just about 20 minutes and 100% in 39 minutes. The optics are handled by 8MP front camera and 64MP (main) + 8MP (wide-angle) + 2MP (macro) shooters.
Nubia RedMagic 5S specifications
- Dimensions: 168.56 x 78 x 9.75 mm
- Weight: 220 grams
- SIM: Dual Slots
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Buttons: Double touch game shoulder button with 320Hz touch report rate
- Operating System: Android 10 with RedMagic OS
- Display: 6.65-inch AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 144Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 6.9ms per frame operation, 4096 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification, touch choreographer algorithm and Game frame insertion technology
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Cooling: Cooling Turbo with silver-plated heat sink, centrifugal fan (30000 hours tested, 15000 Rpm) made using Aviation grade aluminum alloy, Die-cast aluminum middle frame, ultra-thin L-shaped liquid cooling copper pipe, thermal gel, multi-layer cooling graphite
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1
- Front camera: 8MP with F/1.8 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 64MP main with 1/1.72-inch Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.1s PDAF phase focus, 0.8um pixel size
- 8MP with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens
- 2MP macro camera
- Battery: 4500mAh with 55W air-cooled turbo fast charging support
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5/5.8GHz), Wi-Fi Hotspot, USB Type-C, Bluetooth V5.1, GPS(L1+L5)/GLONASS/Beiou, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Geomagnetic, Gyroscope, Light Distance
The Nubia RedMagic 5s color options include Pulse and SOnic Silver shades. It is already up for order in China. Sales are slated to start from August 1st and global availability is set sometime in September.
Nubia RedMagic 5S price
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage model: 3799 Yuan (US$ 542 / Rs. 40,630 approx.)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage model: 4399 Yuan (US$ 628 / Rs. 74,040 approx.)
- 16GB RAM + 256GB storage model: 4999 Yuan (US$ 715 / Rs. 53,450 approx.)