Oneplus has just announced its latest flagship phone called OnePlus 6. Carl Pei took the center stage at event in London where he unveiled the handset.
The handset is 7.75mm thick and houses a glass body. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and back. It has subtle curvature that creates and uninterrupted body. The Mirror Black variant is coated with a mirror sheen which gives a ceramic look and feel. The Midnight Black variant offers clean matte look while the Silk White Oneplus 6 uses dash of crushed pearl for shimmering effect.
This time, the handset comes with water resistant properties. It has Dual SIM slots and supports 4G VoLTE (Cat16 / 13 4A speeds). It has a large 6.28-inch display with rounded corners and fits into a 6.12-inch size (just a bigger screen).
Oneplus 6 main camera at the back is of 16MP and houses Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.22µm pixel size. It has even faster portrait mode with new effects. There will be a software upgrade which will be released in couple of weeks which enables portrait mode on front cameras. There is a new video editor for added functionality.
OnePlus 6 specs include 16MP selfie camera with 1080p video recording. At the back side is 16MP + 20MP dual rear cameras with dual-LED Flash. It’s 3300 mAh battery supports fast charging and is claimed to offers a days usage in just 30 minutes of charging.
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.75 mm / Weight: 177 Grams (6.2 ounces)
- OxygenOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradable to Android P
- Water Resistant
- Supports 40 Global Bands
- Dual Nano SIM slots
- Fingerprint sensor (unlocks in 0.2 Seconds), Face Unlock (0.4 seconds)
- 6.28-inch Full Optics AMOLED display with 2280 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, sRGB, DCI-P3 color gamut, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with AI Engine and Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 Storage space
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, 1.0µm pixels, F/2.0 Aperture, EIS, Fixed Focus, 1080/720p at 30fps
- 16MP primary rear camera with dual-LED Flash, Sony IMX 519 sensor, 1.22µm pixels, F/1.7 Aperture, OIS, EIS, DCAF. 20MP secondary rear camera with Sony IMX 376K sensor, 1.0µm pixels, F/1.7 Aperture, PDAF. Can record 4K at 30/60 fps, 1080p at 30/60 fps, 720p at 30fps, Super slow motion (1080p at 240 fps, 720p at 480fps), Time Lapse
- Bottom facing speaker, Noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound, Dirac Power Sound
- 3300 mAh Battery with 5V/4A fast charging support
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), 4 x 4 MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / Galileo, USB 2.0 Type-C (supports USB audio), 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Hall Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, RGB Ambient Light, E-Compass, Sensor Hub
- 6GB RAM / 64GB storage model – £469 / €519 / $529
- 8GB RAM / 128GB storage model – £519 / €569 / $579
- 8GB RAM / 256GB storage model – £569 / €619 / $629
The OnePlus 6 come in Mirror Black and Midnight Black and will be available starting May 22. The Limited Edition Silk White will be available on June 5th. The handset will be available online at OnePlus, Amazon.in and its partners in other markets.