Along with OnePlus 8, company has also announced OnePlus 8 Pro. It comes with enhanced specs sheet and offers beastly performance. The handset is also Amazon Alexa ready.
For starters, OnePlus 8 Pro is company’s first smartphone to have IP68 water / dust resistant rating. It has and in-display fingerprint sensor for fast and secure unlocking and NFC for making secure payments. The mobile boots on Android 10 based Oxygen OS.
The OnePlus 8 Pro specs include a larger 6.78-inch multi-touch Fluid AMOLED HDR10+ Adaptive display with 3168 x 1440 pixels resolution. It has 120Hz refresh rate with MEMC and tops it with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. Under the hood is octa-core Snapdragon 865 SoC.
Depending on the variant of OnePlus 8 Pro, it either houses 8GB or 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.0 storage space (non expandable). It comes with a larger 4510mAh battery which supports 30W Warp Charge 30T fast charging, 30W wireless charging and 3W reverse wireless charging.
Unlike the OnePlus 8, the 8 Pro features in quad-rear cameras with dual LED Flash. These make up of 48MP (main) + 48MP (ultra-wide angle) + 8MP (Telephoto) + 5MP (Color filtering) shooters. The combination records up to 4K UHD videos at up to 60fps and supports PDAF and Laser AF.
OnePlus 8 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 74.4 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 199 Grams
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Water Resistance: IP68 rating
- Operating System: Android 10 based OxygenOS
- Display: 6.78-inch E3 Fluid AMOLED HDR10+ Adaptive display with 3168 x 1440 pixels resolution, 19.8:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1330nits brightness, 4096 levels of automatic brightness control, 24.6ms touch response rate, 1.07B colors (10-bit), 0.4 JNCD, 513ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, MEMC, Multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 with Turbo Write and HPB
- Front camera: 16MP with Sony IMX471 sensor, F/2.4 Aperture, Fixed Focus, EIS, 1080p video at 30fps
- Rear cameras: Quad-rear cameras with dual-LED Flash, PDAF, Laser AF, up to 4K UHD at 30/60fps, Slow-mo 720p at 480fps, PDAF, Dynamic video with 3-HDR Technology, Hybrid Image stabilization, 3micro phones with Audio zoom
- 48MP main with 1/1.4-inch Sony IMX689 sensor, F/1.7 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size, OIS, EIS, Dual Native ISO, 2×2 OCL
- 48MP Ultra wide camera with 1/2-inch Sony IMX586 sensor, F/2.2 Aperture, 120-degree FOV
- 8MP Telephoto camera with F/2.4 Aperture, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom
- 5MP Color filtering camera with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4510mAh with 30W Warp Charge 30T fast charging support, 30W Wireless charging, 3W reverse wireless charging
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, NFC USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo
- Sensors: Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Proximity, Sensor core, Laser sensor, Flicker-detect sensor, Front RGB
OnePlus 8 Pro price
- OnePlus 8 Pro with 8GB RAM and 128GB Storage (Glacial green): £799.00 / US$ 899 / RS. 54,999
- OnePlus 8 pro with 12GB RAM and 256GB Storage (Ultramarine blue / Onyx Black): £899.00 / US$ 999 / Rs. 59,999.
The OnePlus 8 Pro colors include Onyx Black, Glacial Green and Ultramarine Blue options. Open sales will begin from April 29th and will be available at T-Mobile, Verizon, OnePlus.com and Amazon.com. In Europe, pre-orders begin on April 14th while open sales are slated from April 21. First sale of OnePlus 8 Pro 5G is slated in India for May 29th.
OnePlus 8 Pro 5G Launch offers
- 10% discount on screen protection for Red Club members
- Rs. 3000 instant discount on purchase of OnePlus 8 5G using SBI cards
- Up to 12 months no-cost EMI at Amazon.in and OnePlus.in on purchase (using popular debit / credit cards)
- Purchase at one-third value (of total cost) and pay the remaining amount at 12 month installments using Bajaj Finance
- Benefits of Rs. 6000 and Rs. 150 off on Jio Prepaid recharges of Rs. 349