Oppo has officially introduced a new A Series smartphone in Indonesia called Oppo A16. The device is 8.4 mm thick and sports 3D curved body design.
The Oppo A16 specs include 6.52-inch LCD display offering HD+ resolution, 60Hz refresh rate and 88.7% screen-to-body ratio. It has 5000mAh battery which is claimed to give about 21.02 hours of YouTube time. It has Super Power Saving Mode and AI Optimized Night Charge to give added protection against charging.
The A16 form Oppo houses octa-core Helio G35 SoC which is paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB in-built storage space. The smartphone comes per-installed with Color OS 11.1 which is based on Android 11. It has System Booster which further enhances performance.
The cellphone sports an 8MP front camera which is placed inside a tiny notch. The selfie shooter has support for face unlocking.. At the back side is a combination of triple cameras consisting of 13MP (main) + 2MP (mono) + 2MP (macro) lenses and LED Flash. A fingerprint sensor is placed on side.
Oppo A16 specifications
- Model: CPH2269
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 190 Grams
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based ColorOS 11.1
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Display: 6.52-inch LCD screen with 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 60Hz refresh rate, 60Hz touch sampling rate, 269ppi pixel density, 480nits (typ) brightness, 71% (typ) NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, PC+PMMA protective glass, 88.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU (680MHz)
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR4x (1867MHz 2 x 16bit)
- Storage: 32GB built-in (eMMC 5.1)
- Front camera: 8MP with 79° FOV, F/2.0 Aperture, 5P lens, 1080p at 30fps
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash, 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 13MP main with 80° FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 5P lens, Auto Focus
- 2MP mono with 88.8° FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, 3P lens, Fixed Focus
- 2MP macro lens with 88.8° FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, Fixed Focus
- Battery: 4890mAH (min) / 5000mAh (typical)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Geomagnetic, Light, Proximity, Gravity, Accelerometer, step-counter
The OPPO A16 price is set at IDR 1,999,000 ($140 / €115 / Rs. 10,290 approx.) and comes in Pearl Blue, Space Silver and Crystal Black colors. The handset is already available online in Indonesia via several retailers. [source]