Oppo has unveiled a new 5G smartphone in Japan called Oppo A55s 5G. It comes with IP68 water and dust resistant rating.
The handset boots with ColorOS 11 which is based on Android 11. It lacks a finger print sensor however, secure unlocking is done with Facial Recognition.
The Oppo A55s 5G specs include 6.5-inch LCD display with 90% screen-to-body ratio. It offers FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio and 90Hz refresh rate.
Powering inside is an eight-core Snapdragon 480 5G chipset with 4GB LPDDR4X RAM. The cell phone feature a 64GB built-in storage space and supports further expansion using MicroSD card.
The cell phone houses hybrid SIM slots and brings support for 5G and dual 4G VoLTE. It has 13MP main and 2MP depth camera at back with LED flash. At the front side, inside a punch hole is an 8MP selfie shooter.
A 4000mAh battery fuels the hardware. Sadly, there is no fast charging support.
Oppo A55s 5G specifications
- Model: CPH2309
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 74.7 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 178 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano Slots
- Biometrics: Face recognition
- Water Resistance: IP68 rating
- Operating System: Android 11 based ColorOS 11
- Display: 6.5-inch LTPS LCD screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 96% NTSC color gamut, 100% DCI-P3 colors, 405ppi pixel density, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 480nits (normal) / 550nits (peak) brightness, multi-touch, 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 480 mobile platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x @ 2133MHz 2 x 16bit
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Dual cameras with LED Flash
- 13MP main with 80° FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 5P lens, AF, 1080p
- 2MP depth with 89° FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, 3P lens, AF compatible
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) / 3890mAh (minimum)
- Connectivity: 5G / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/beidou/Galileo/QZSS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Magnetic, Proximity, Optical, Accelerometer, Gyro, Step counter
The Oppo A55s 5G is priced at JPY 32,800 ($287 approx.) and comes in Black and Green colors. It is up for order in Japan, with sales starting from November 26th. [source]