The Oppo Reno5 Pro+ 5G smartphone is finally official. Company has officially launched the handset in China, boasting an impressive specs sheet.
For starters, it is a Dual SIM mobile phone with 5G (SA/NSA) and Dual 4G VoLTE support. It has facial recognition and an in-display fingerprint sensor for fast and secure unlocking.
The Oppo Reno5 Pro+ features in 6.55-inch soft AMOLED display with FHD+ 20:9 resolution. It offers 60Hz / 90Hz refresh rate options and 180Hz touch sampling rate. The screen also delivers 1100nits of peak brightness. Thanks to its slim bezels, the cellphone boasts astonishing 92.1% screen-to-body ratio.
Pumping at its core is an eight-core Snapdragon 865 SoC. The cellphone comes in options of 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage and 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage space. There is no MicroSD card support though.
The Oppo Reno5 Pro+ specs include 32MP front facing camera which is placed inside punch hole. It has 81° FOV and records 1080p videos at 30fps. At the back side are quad-shooters with LED Flash. These include 50MP (main, SonyIMX766 sensor, F/1.8) + 16MP (ultra-wide-angle, F/2.2) + 13MP (telephoto, F/2.4) + 2MP (macro, F/2.4) snappers.
Powering its hardware is a 4500mAh (typical) battery which supports 65W super flash charge fast charging. Company claims that with just 5 minutes of charging delivers up to 4 hours of playtime. The handset also sports Dolby Atmos certification for realistic sound effects..
Oppo Reno5 Pro+ 5G specifications
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 72.5 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 184 grams
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face Recognition (unlock)
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based ColorOS 11.1
- Display: 6.55-inch AMOLED (soft) HDR10+ screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi pixel density, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 500nits (min) / 800nits (typical) / 1100nits (peak) brightness, multi-touch support, 92.10% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU (587MHz)
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x (2133Mhz, 4x16bit)
- Storage: 128Gb / 256GB UFS 3.1 (2lanes HS-Gear4). Non expandable
- Front camera: 32MP with 81° FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, 5P lens, Fixed Focus, 1080p at 30fps
- Rear cameras: Quad-rear cameras with LED Flash, Electronic Anti-Shake, Optical Anti-Shake (main camera), up to 4K video recording, slow motion 1080p at 240fps / 720p at 480fps
- 50MP main with Sony IMX766 sensor, F/1.8 Aperture, 6P lens
- 16MP ultra-wide angle with F/2.2 Aperture, 5P lens
- 13MP telephoto lens with F/2.4 Aperture, 5P lens
- 2MP macro camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 3P lens
- Battery: 4400mAh (minimum) / 4500mAh (typical) with 65W Super flash charging. Also supports SuperVOOC 2.0, VOOC 3.0, PD (9V/2A), QC (9V/2A) fast charging protocols
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth V5.2, GPS( L1+L5)/A-GPS/GLONASS/Galileo(e1+e5a)/Beidou(B1I+B2a), USB Type-C, NFC, USB Type-C Audio
- Sensors: Geomagnetic induction, Proximity, Light, acceleration, Gravity, Gyroscope, Step counter, color temperature
The Oppo Reno5 Pro+ 5G 8GB/128GB variant price is set at 3999 Yuan ($612 / Rs. 45,020 approx.) while its Reno5 Pro+ 5G 12GB/256GB model has price-tag of 4499 Yuan ($689 / Rs. 50,650 approx.). It comes in Floating Light and Night Shadow colors. The smartphone will go on pre-order from January 18th and will start selling in China from January 22nd.
There is a limited edition Reno5 Pro+ 5G for which company has collaborated with Joshua Vides. It is priced at 4499 Yuan ($689 / Rs. 50,650 approx.)