Realme has officially unveiled its latest flagship smartphone in its GT Series called Realme GT2 Master Explorer Edition.
It is company’s first smartphone to feature octa-core Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 SoC inside. It is also world’s first mobile phone to feature LPDDR5X RAM, which is 20% more power efficient.
The Realme GT 2 Master Explorer comes with a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and 1000Hz instant touch sampling rate. It has 2.37mm ultra-narrow chin (thanks to COP packaging) which results to an astonishing 94.2% screen-to-body ratio.
To keep thermals in check, the Realme GT 2 ME sports dual vapor chamber liquid cooling system that provides better heat dissipation. It has 8GB/12GB LPDDR5X RAM options and 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage variants.
This particular Realme mobile uses company’s first X7 independent graphic chip which is developed in partnership with PixelWorks. It uses ultra-low-latency frame insertion technology to deliver higher frame rates.
For enhanced connectivity, it has dual Nano SIM slots with 5G. It users N28 free four 5G antenna technology, AOL Smart antenna technology and intelligent signal switching engine. It has built-in Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax and NFC support.
The Realme GT2 ME edition feature in a dual cell 5000mAh (typ) battery and supports 100W fast charging. Realme is offering 100W GaN fast charger which can reduce heat generation by 85% during peak power. Company also added that even after 1600 charging / discharging cycles, battery retains over 80% health.
The Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition specs include a 16MP front camera which is placed inside punch hole (top center). At the back side is a combination of 50MP (main, Sony IMX766, OIS) + 50MP (150° super-wide-angle) + 2MP (up to 40X magnification) cameras and LED flash.
Realme GT2 Master Explorer Edition specifications
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 74.3 x 8.17 mm (Black and White) – 8.5mm (Hardcase)
- Weight: 199 Grams (Black and White) – 195 grams (Hardcase)
- SIM: Dual nano SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0
- Biometrics: Optical In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate detection
- Buttons: Dual Pressure Sensitive gaming triggers, Power button, volume adjustment key
- Display: 6.7-inch 10-bit AMOLED screen with 2412 x 1080 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1000Hz instantaneous sampling rate, 1.07-billion colors, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, JNCD≈0.4 color standard, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, DC Dimming, HDR10+, multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 94.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Up to 3.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 mobile platform with Adreno Next-Gen GPU
- RAM with Storage:
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Front camera: 16MP with F/2.5 Aperture, 82.3° FOV, 1080p video
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash
- 50MP main with 1/1.56-inch Sony IMX766 sensor, 23.6mm focal length, F/1.88 Aperture, 84.4° FOV, 6P lens, OIS
- 50MP super wide-angle with 150° FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 6P lens
- 2MP 40x / 20x Microscope lens at 4.7mm object distance
- Battery: 2500mAh x 2 dual cell (5000mAh typical) / 2440mAh x 2 dual cell (4880mAh minimum). Supports 100W Light Speed second charge
- Standard 100W GaN power adapter
- 0 to 100% in about 25 minutes
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, dual band GPS/GLONASS/Bediou/Galileo/QZSS/NavIC
- Audio: Super Linear dual speakers, dual microphones for noise reduction, Dolby Atmos Sound, Hi-Res certified
- Sensors: Geomagnetic, front and rear dual light sensor, distance, gyroscope, acceleration, color temperature
The Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition color options include Brown, Black and White shades. It will go on sale in China from July 19th.
Realme GT 2 ME price
- 8GB/128GB model: 3499 Yuan ($520 / Rs. 41,380)
- 8GB/256GB model: 3799 Yuan ($565 / Rs. 44,930)
- 12GB/256GB model: 3999 Yuan ($595 / Rs. 47,300)