Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially launched Redmi 9 Power smartphone in India. As the name suggests, main USP of handset is its battery capacity.
The Redmi 9 Power features in a massive 6000mAh battery inside. It supports 18W fast charging and Reverse charging. Statistically speaking, Redmi claims that battery offers up to 45 hours of voice call or 10 hours of video recording or 26 hours of 1080p video, or about 13.5 hours gaming, 215 hours music (headphone) or 695 hours of standby.
The Redmi 9 Power specs include 6.53-inch IPS LCD FHD+ display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The handset sports P2i Splash resistant coating and comes with rubberized ports. The handset sports a side mounted fingerprint sensor and supports face unlock.
At the core of mobile is an octa-core Snapdragon 662 SoC with Adreno 610 GPU. It has 4GB RAM and comes in two variants, one with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage and other with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage space. Both of them have dedicated slot for further expansion.
The Redmi 9 Power packs in quad rear cameras which include 48MP (main) + 8MP (wide-angle) + 2MP (depth) + 2MP (macro) shooters and LED Flash. At the front side is an 8MP selfie shooter with support for AI face unlock.
Redmi 9 Power – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198 grams
- Water Resistance: P2i Splash resistant coating
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (Side), AI Face unlock
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 400nits (typ) brightness, multi-touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, Reading mode certified by TUV Rheinland
- Chipset: Octa-Core (2GHz Kryo 260 x 4 + 1.8GHz Kryo 260 x 4) Snapdragon 662 mobile platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card (dedicated slot)
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Quad-rear cameras with LED Flash
- 48MP main with Samsung GM1 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture
- 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with 120-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP depth sensor with F/2.4 Aperture
- 2MP macro sensor with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 6000mAh (typical) with up to 18W fast charging support. Comes bundled with 22.5W charger (in-box)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, FM Radio
- Audio: Stereo speakers (Hi-Res certified), 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: G-Sensor, Light, Proximity, E-Compass
The Redmi 9 Power 64GB storage variant is priced in India at Rs. 10,999 while the Redmi 9 Power 128GB model price is set at Rs. 11,999. These come in Mighty Black, Blazing Blue, Fiery Red and Electric Green colors. The cell phone will sell at Amazon.in, Mi.com, Mi Home Stores, Mi Studio and Mi Stores from December 22nd.