Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has unveiled Redmi 9 Prime smartphone in India. It is basically a rebranded version of Redmi 9 which was unveiled back in June.
The smartphone is 9.1 mm thick and houses a rear mounted fingerprint sensor. It h as Aura 360 textured design and comes with Anti-fingerprint coating at the back. It has P2i splash resistant coating as well.
It is powered by 5020mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging. The mobile houses Dual Nano SIM slots with Dual 4G VoLTE and boots on Android 10 with MIUI 11 (upgradable to MIUI 12).
The Redmi 9 Prime specs include 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with FHD+ resolution at 19.5:9 aspect ratio and boasts 89.83% screen-to-body ratio. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection as well.
Internal hardware makes up of octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB storage options. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot for further storage expansion.
The Redmi 9 Prime features in quadruple rear cameras consisting of 13MP (main) + 8MP (wide-angle) + 2MP depth + 5MP (macro) shooters. At the front side is an 8MP selfie camera.
Redmi 9 Prime Specifications
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 198 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots + MicroSD card
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear), AI Face unlock
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD dot-drop screen with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 394ppi pixel density, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 70% (Typ) NTSC color gamut, 400nits brightness, multi-touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 89.83% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80 processor with Mali-G52 MC2 (950Mhz) GPU
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB built-in (eMMC 5.1), expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, 77.8-degree FOV, Fixed Focus
- Rear cameras: Quad Rear cameras with LED Flash
- 13MP main with F/2.2 Aperture, 75.2-degree FOV, AF
- 8MP ultra-wide angle with 118-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, Fixed focus
- 5MP Macro with F/2.4 aperture, 4cm focus
- 2MP dept cameras with F/2.4 Aperture, Fixed focus
- Battery: 5020mAh with 18W fast charging support (5V/2A charger included). Offers about 171 hours music playback or 34 hours calling or 14 hours continuous navigation or 19 hours of video. Supports 18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Audio: High audio output amplified by a large 0.7cc speaker box
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Light, Proximity, Infrared
The Redmi 9 Prime 64GB storage variant price is Rs. 9,999 while its 128GB storage model costs Rs. 11,999. It comes in Matte Black, Space Blue, Mint Green and Sunrise Flare shades. The smartphone will go on sale at Amazon.in and Mi.com from August 6th. It will also land in offline stores including Mi Home store and Mi Studio soon.
Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, said, “With each Redmi device, we are moving towards making innovative technologies accessible to everyone. The Redmi range has proven to be the most popular Android smartphone range in the country. Having broken many records, the Redmi series continues to be one of the best-selling’ Made in India’ product portfolios. With Redmi 9 Prime, our aim is to take a fresh perspective to the value segment by bringing in powerful performance with premium design and features. Our focus with Redmi 9 Prime is to re-invent and disrupt the entry level, budget smartphone experience by continuing to provide the latest that technology can offer, further driving our mantra of making quality technology accessible to everyone.”