Xiaomi’s Redmi brand first unveiled Redmi 9A in June. Now, company has launched the smartphone in China.
The Chinese variant of Redmi 9A comes in options of 2GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM. It also supports MicroSD card up to 512GB.
While there is no fingerprint sensor, it does support face unlock. The mobile boots on Android 10 with MIUI 12 out of the box. It has Dual Nano Slots with Dual 4G VoLTE.
The Redmi 9A specs include 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution, comes with splash-reistant coating and TUV Rheinland low blue light certification.
Under the hood is octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 SoC. It has a huge 5000mAh battery capacity with 10W charging support. At the front side is a 5MP selfie shooter while the back side houses 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash.
Redmi 9A Specifications
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.07 x 9.0 mm
- Weight: 194 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Biometrics: AI Face unlock
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD screen with 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 400nits (typ) brightness, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, multi-touch support, splash resistant nano coating, TUV Rheinland low Blue light certification
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 processor with PowerVR8320 GPU (Up to 650MHz)
- RAM with Storage: LPPDR4X RAM with eMMC 5.1 storage, Expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- 2GB RAM with 32GB Storage
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Indonesia)
- Front camera: 5MP with F/2.2 Aperture, 83-degree FOV
- Rear cameras: 13MP with F/2.2 Aperture, 74-degree FOV, AF
- Battery: 5000mAh (typ) with 10W fast charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, MicroUSB V2.0, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Light, Proximity, Infrared
- Audio: 1217 speaker, 3.5mm Audio Jack, 00809 earpiece, supports Audio PA
The Redmi 9A 2GB/32GB price is is 599 Yuan (US$ 85) while its 4GB/64GB model costs 799 Yuan (US$ 114). It comes in Midnight Gray, Twilight Blue and Peacock Green colors.