Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially unveiled its latest K Series smartphone in China called Redmi K30 4G and Redmi K30 5G. These are mostly same in terms of design but slightly differs in terms of specifications
These are 8.79mm thick and sports side mounted fingerprint sensor. They run on Android 10 OS with MIUI 11 on top. There are Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots and 4500mAh (typical) battery capacity. The 4G variant supports 27W fast charging while the 5G model supports 30W flash charging.
These feature in 6.67-inch multi-touch LCD Display with FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio. They come with 4.25mm slim bottom frame which results an impressive 91% screen-to-body ratio.
The Redmi K30 4G comes with octa-core Snapdragon 730G SoC while the Redmi K30 5G features in newly announced Snapdragon 765G chipset. The 5G model supports both 5G stand alone and non standalone SA/NSA sub-6GHz networks. These also come with 5mm copper tube liquid cooling which reduces temperature by about 7-degrees.
Their camera setup is almost same as well. They pack in 20MP and 2MP dual font cameras for selfies. There is a quad-camera setup at the back of 64MP + 8MP + (5MP in 5G) / 2MP + 2MP shooters.
Redmi K30 4G and Redmi K30 5G specifications
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.79 mm
- Weight: 208 grams
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots
- Display: 6.67-inch LCD display with 2400 x 1080 pixels FHD+ resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, max 120Hz refresh rate, Eye protection, Supports HDR 10, Anti-Greasy Anti-Fingerprint coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, multi-touch support, 91% screen-to-body ratio
- Redmi K30 4G: Octa-core Snapdragon 730G mobile platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- Redmi K30 5G: Octa-core Snapdragon 765G EUV mobile platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- RAM with Storage: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X (1866MHz in 4G model / 2133Mhz in 5G model) RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage (UFS 2.1) options
- Front camera: 20MP (Main, 78-degree FOV, 0.8um pixels) + 2MP (Portrait, 83-degree FOV, 1.75um pixels) dual selfie cameras
- Rear cameras: Quad rear cameras with dual Monochrome Flash, 10X digiral zoom, Phase/contrast focus, 4K video recording
- 64MP main with 1/1.7-inch Sony IMX686 sensor, 4-in-1 super pixel (16um pixels at 16MP), 79-degree FOV, F/1.89 Aperture, 0.8ump pixel size
- 8MP with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, 120-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 5MP (K30 5G) / 2MP 2cm super Macro with AF, F/2.4 Aperture, 1.12um pixels
- 2MP depth camera with F/2.4 Aperture, F/1.75um pixels
- Audio: 1217 Super Linear Speaker, Smart PA Loud speaker, Hi-Res certified, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) Lithium-Ion Polymer (non removable) with 27W (K30 4G) / 30W (K30 5G) fast charging (USB Type-C)
- Connectivity: 5G (in K30 5G variant), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, Bleutooth V5.0, GPS (L1+L5 in 5G model)/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, Ambient Light, Acceleration, Gyroscope, e-Compass, vibration motor
Redmi K30 Series variants price
- Redmi K30 4G 6GB/64GB variant — 1599 yuan (US$ 227 / Rs. 16,100 approx.)
- Redmi K30 4G 6GB/128GB variant — 1699 yuan (US$ 241 / Rs. 17,120 approx.)
- Redmi K30 4G 8GB/128GB variant — 1899 yuan (US$ 269 / Rs. 19,140 approx.)
- Redmi K30 4G 8GB/256GB variant — 2199 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 22,150 approx.)
- Redmi K30 5G 6GB/64GB variant — 1999 yuan (US$ 284 / Rs. 20,130 approx.)
- Redmi K30 5G 6GB/128GB variant — 2299 yuan (US$ 326 / Rs. 23,170 approx.)
- Redmi K30 5G 8GB/128GB variant — 2599 yuan (US$ 369 / Rs. 26,185 approx.)
- Redmi K30 5G 8GB/256GB variant — 2899 yuan (US$ 227 / Rs. 29,200 approx.)
The Redmi K30 colors include Purple, Blue, Red and White shades. The 4G variant of Redmi K30 will go on sale in China from December 12th while the 5G variant of Redmi K30 will be available in January 2020.