Redmi has officially unveiled its new Redmi K40 smartphone in China. It is powered by Android 11 with MIUI 12 and comes with side facing fingerprint sensor.
The Redmi K40 is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 870 5G processor and comes in 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM options and is offered in 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage options.
The Redmi K40 specs include 20MP front camera with F/2.4 Aperture and supports 1080p video recording. At the back side are triple cameras which include 48MP (main) + 8MP (ultra-wide angle) + 5MP (tele-macro) lenses.
The Redmi K40 features in 4520mAh battery with support for 4520mAH battery capacity and supports 33W wired QC3+ / PD3.0 fast charging. At the front side of the smartphone is 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED display with MEMC technology. The display offers FHD+ resolution at 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate and delivers 8192 levels of dimming.
Redmi K40 – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch E3 AMOLED HDR10+ screen (2.76mm screen opening) with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 360Hz touch sampling rate, 8bit colors, DCI-P3, MEMC frame rate compensation, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 900nits (typical) / 1300nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 870 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 20MP ultra-clear camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, 720p slow-motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, slow-motion video 1080p at 120/240/960fps
- 48MP main with 1/2-inch Sony IMX582 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra wide-angle lens, AI Distortion correction algorithm, F/2.4 Aperture
- 5MP 50mm tele-macro lens with 50mm equivalent focal length, F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4520mAh (typical) with 33W fast charging (100% in 52 minutes)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V5.1, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS (l1+l5) / GLONASS (G1) / Beidou (B1l + B1C + B2a) / Galileo (E1+E5a) / QZSS (L1+L5) / NavIC L / 5AGPS assisted positioning
- Sensors: 360-degree ambient light, acceleration, gyroscope, e-compass, color temperature, linear motor, infrared remote control, ultra-sonic distance sensor
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, Hi-res Audio, Stereo dual speakers, Hi-Res wireless audio, Game tuner
The Redmi K40 comes in Glossy Black, Icy White and Dreamland colour options. It is already up for order in China and will start selling from March 4th.
Redmi K40 Price
- Redmi K40 6GB RAM with 128GB storage model: 1999 Yuan ($310 / Rs. 22,490 approx.)
- Redmi K40 8GB RAM with 128GB storage model: 2199 Yuan ($340 / Rs. 24,740 approx.)
- Redmi K40 8GB RAM with 256GB storage model: 2499 Yuan ($388 / Rs. 28,100 approx.)
- Redmi K40 12GB RAM with 256GB storage model: 2699 Yuan ($418 / Rs. 30,350 approx.)