Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially unveiled its first gaming smartphone in China called Redmi K40 Gaming Edition.
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition features in magnetic dual-trigger design. Its mechanical structure offers realistic pressing feed back and allows users to play games using four fingers. Redmi claims that triggers have lifespan of up to 1.5 million taps.
The device itself is 8.3mm thick. It has 6.67-inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution. The handset boasts 1.8mm trilateral equal width and 2.7mm narrow chin for bigger screen area. The display also offers up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz of 3-finger touch sampling rate and houses Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top.
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition specs include octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor inside with 6GB / 8GB / 12GB RAM options. Depending on model, the smartphone comes with 128GB / 256GB storage space.
To keep thermals in check, Redmi has included multi-stacked graphite layers with super-large vapor chamber, new aerospace-grade heat dissipation and white-graphene layer covering 11540mm² of area.
Specifications of Redmi K40 Gaming Edition also include 5065mAh battery capacity with 67W fast charging support. It can fully charge handset to 100% in just about 42 minutes. Also equipped inside the mobile are dual speakers with Hi-Res Audio.
In terms of cameras, it has 16MP front facing shooter while the back side houses triple cameras with LED Flash. These include 64MP (main, F/1.65) + 8MP (119-degree ultra-wide) + 2MP (telemacro) lenses.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Specifications
- Dimensions: 161.94 x 76.93 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 205 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12.5
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), face recognition
- Display: 6.67-inch Flexible OLED display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate (3-fingers), 500nits (typ) brightness, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, HDR10+, DCI-P3 colors, multi-touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor with ARM Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- RAM and Storage:
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Non expandable
- Front camera: 16MP with AI, 1080p video recording at 30fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, 1080p slow motion at 120fps, 720p slow motion at 120/240/960fps
- 64MP ultra-clear main with 1/2″ sensor, 4-in-1 super pixel at 1.4um pixel size, 1G + 5P glass plastic hybrid lens, F/1.65 Aperture
- 8MP with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP tele-macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 5065mAh (Typ) with 66W fast charging support (also handles QC3+ / PD3.0)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual band (2.4/5Ghz), Wi-Fi Hotspot, 2.2xMIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS/NavIC, NFC
- Audio: USB Type-C audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dual speakers
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Distance, 360-degree Ambient Light, Acceleration, Gyroscope, E-Compass, X-axis linear motor, Infrared Remote, Color Temperature, Barometer
- Others: Pop-up shoulder buttons, 11540mm² Aerospace three-dimensional heat dissipation
Xiaomi has also unveiled Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Bruce Lee Special Edition. It has unique black and yellow finishing at the back and houses 12GB RAM and 256GB storage space. Other features are same.
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition colour options are Black, White and Silver Shades. It is already up for order in China and will start selling from April 30th.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition price
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 6GB/128GB model: 1,999 yuan (US$ 308 / Rs. 22,995 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 8GB/128GB model: 2,199 yuan (US$ 339 / Rs. 25,300 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 8GB/256GB and 12GB/128GB model: 2,399 yuan (US$ 369 / Rs. 27,600 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 12GB/256GB model: 2,699 yuan (US$ 416 / Rs. 31,055 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Bruce Lee Special Limited Edition: 2,799 yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 32,205 approx.)