Xiaomi’s Redmi Brand has finally unveiled its new Redmi Note Series smartphones called Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. Specifications of the phone are at par with earlier leaks.
Both Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max share several specifications and a similar design. These have IR Sensor and comes with side mounted fingerprint sensor. They boot on Android 10 based MIUI 11.
These phone features in 6.67-inch LCD Dot-Display with FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio. The screen has anti-oil and Fingerprint coating and has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. There is a P2i splash resistant coating inside as well.
You also get octa-core Snapdragon 720G processor inside. Depending on the model, these Redmi Note 9 series phones comes in options of 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage space. The ROM is further expandable up to 256GB using dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro houses 16MP selfie camera. It has combination of 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP shooters. Its 5020mAh battery supports 18W fast charging. The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max on the other hand sports 32MP front camera. It has 64MP (main) + 8MP (wide-angle) + 5MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) sensor. It has same 5020mAh battery but supports 33W fast charging.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 165.7 × 76.6 × 8.8 mm
- Weight: 209 grams
- SIM: Dual nano SIM support
- Operating System: Android 10 based MIUI 11
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch multi-touch LCD Dot display with 2400 x 1080 pixels FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio, 450nits (typ) brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% (typ) NTSC gamut, Anti-oil/Fingerprint coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 720G mobile platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- RAM with Storage:
- 4GB / 6GB RAM LPDDR4X with 64GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- Expandable up to 256Gb using Microsd card
- Front camera:
- Redmi Note 9 Pro: 16MP (placed inside punch hole) with 1um pixel size
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: 32MP (placed inside punch hole)
- Rear cameras: Quad-Rear cameras with LED Flash, 10x digital Zoom, PDAF, EIS, 4K video recording
- Redmi Note 9 Pro: 48MP main with 1/2.25-inch Samsung ISOCELL GM2 CMOS sensor, F/1.79 Aperture, 1.6um pixels (4-in-1 Super Pixel). Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: 64M 1/1.7-inch Samsung GW1 CMOS sensor, F/1.89 Aperture, 1.6um pixels (4-in-1 Super Pixel)
- 8MP Ultra-wide-Angle with 119-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixels
- 5MP Macro with 2cm focus, 1.12um pixels
- 2MP Depth sensor with 1.75um pixels
- Battery: 5020mAh with 18W fast charging (Redmi Note 9 Pro) / 33W fast charging (Redmi Note 9 Pro Max)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, E-Compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
The Redmi Note 9 Pro 4GB/6GB variant price is Rs. 12,999 while its 6GB/128GB model costs Rs. 15,999. It comes in Glacier White, Interstellar Black and Aurora Blue colors. You can buy it at Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Store Starting March 17th.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max 6GB/64GB model costs Rs. 14,999 while its premium 8GB/128GB variant price-tag is Rs. 16,999. It comes in Glacier White, Interstellar Black and Aurora Blue colors. Selling of the handset will start from March 25th at Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Store.