Samsung expands its new curved display lineup with CJ79 (Model Name: C34J791) monitor at IFA 2018. It is world’s first Thunderbolt 3 QLED Curved monitor.
It has two Thunderbolt 3 ports that transmits display, data and power at 40 Gigabits per second (Gbps), which is 8 times faster that traditional USB 3.0. The screen has 34-inch VA curved display with 1500R curvature and offers resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels.
Along with Samsung has also unveiled CJ89 which has models C43J89 and C49J890. They come with 43-inch 49-inch curved VA displays with 1800R curve. Unlike its CJ79 variant, iit does not include Thunderbolt 3. They have 178-degree viewing angles and two 5W and 7W speakers respectively.
Model Name: C34J791
- Display: 34-inch VA Cured
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 pixels,
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Response Rate: 4ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz
- Curvature: 1500R
- Input Signal: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) with 85W, 15W power delivery. 1 x HDMI, 1 x DP, 2 x USB 3.0
- Speaker: 2 x 7W
- Mechanical: Wall Mount, Tilt, HAS
Model Name: C43J89 and C49J890
- Display: 43-inch and 49-inch
- Resolution: 3840 x 1200 pixels (43-inch) and 3840 x 1080 pixels (49-inch)
- Aspect ratio: 32:10 (43-inch) and 32:9 (49-inch)
- Response Rate: 5ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz (43-inch) and 144Hz (49-inch)
- Curvature: 1800R (both models)
- Input Signal: 2 x USB-C with 95W, 15W power delivery. 1 x HDMI, 1 x DP, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
- Speaker: 2 x 5W (43-inch) and 2 x 7W (49-inch)
- Mechanical: Wall Mount, Tilt, HAS, Swivel
- Brightness: 300cd typical
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angles: 178-degree (H/V)
The Samsung CJ79 and CJ89 monitors are currently available in Europe. In Hong Kong they are priced at HK$9,080 (US$ 1,155 / Rs. 81,065 approx), HK$11,980 (US$ 1,525 / Rs. 1,06,970 approx) and HK$ 13,980 (US$ 1,780 / Rs. 1,24,90 approx), respectively. Global availability is expected soon.