Samsung has announced its first Android Go smartphone called Galaxy J2 Core.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition) and comes pre-loaded with very few apps to provide up to 1.5 times the available storage capacity compared to previous offering.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core specs include 5-inch qHD display and is powered by quad-core Exynos 7570 SoC. It has 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and is powered by 2600 mAH battery.
It has 5MP front and 8MP rear cameras, both with F/2.2 Aperture for improved wide-angle photography. Beauty mode is also included for better portraits and selfies.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Specifications
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9 mm / Wegith: 154 Grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition)
- Dual SIM Slots
- 5-inch TFT display with 960 x 540 pixels qHD resolution
- 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 7570 processor (14nm) with Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal storage space, expandable using MicroSD card
- 5MP front camera with F/2.2 Aperture
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, Auto Focus
- 2600 mAh battery
- 4G VoLTE, WI-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou (limited coverage on BeiDou), 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity, Accelerometer
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core will initially be available in Malaysia and India beginning August 24th and will land in other markets soon. Price of phone was not revealed.