Update 06/10/20: Samsung has officially launched Galaxy S20 FE smartphone in India. It is priced at Rs. 49,999 and will go on sale from October 16th. Pre-orders starts today at Samsung.com, Amazon.in and at leading retail stores across India. Those who pre-order Galaxy S20 FE can avail special benefit of Rs 8000, Samsung e-Store benefits of Rs. 4000, upgrade bonus of Rs. 3000 and cash back of up to Rs. 4000 with HDFC cards.
Original Article: Samsung has officially unveiled its latest Galaxy S20 FE smartphone at its event. The Fan Edition comes with Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots and is powered by Android 10 OS.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is IP68 rated for water and dust resistance. It has optical fingerprint sensor and supports face recognition as well. The handset flaunts a 6.5-inch Infinity-O AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution and offers 120Hz refresh rate.
Depending on market, the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition comes with either Snapdragon 865 mobile platform or Exynos 990 Chipset. The smartphone comes in 4G and 5G variants. Depending on model, you get 6GB RAM with 128GB ROM or 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB storage space.
The cellphone features in a 32MP selfie camera with 80˚ FOV lens. At the back side are triple shooters with LED Flash. These include 12MP (ultra-wide) + 12MP (wide-angle) + 8MP (telephoto) lenses. There is support for NFC / MST for contact-less payments.
The Galaxy S20 FE specs include 4500mAh battery capacity and supports 25W wired fast charging. It also supports wireless charging and wireless PowerShare. Sadly, Samsung has included a 15W charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 74.5 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 190 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots
- Biometrics: Optical Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition
- Operating System: Android 10 with Samsung One UI
- Water Resistance: IP68
- Display: 6.5-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 407ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Depending on market
- Octa-core Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Octa-core Exynos 990 processor with ARM Mali-G77 MP1 GPU
- RAM with Storage: Depending on model (4G / 5G)
- 6GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB storage
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Expandable up to 1TB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 32MP front camera with F/2.2 Aperture, 80˚ FOV, 0.8um pixel size
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 12MP with 123˚ Ultra-wide angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 12MP with 79˚ Wide-angle lens, F/1.8 Aperture, 1.8um pixel size, Dual Pixel AF, OIS
- 8MP Telephoto lens with 32˚ FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, 1.0um pixel size, 3x Optical Zoom, Up to 30X Super Resolution Zoom, OIS, Tracking AF
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, USB PD 3.0 (PPS) certified fast charging for wired charging (AFC and QC2.0 compatible)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC, MST
- Audio: Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus), UHQ 32-bit & DSD64/128 support
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Proximity, Ambient Light
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE color options include Cloud Red, Cloud Orange, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy and Cloud White shades. These have premium textured haze effect that minimizes fingerprints and smudges.
Pre-orders for Galaxy S20 FE starts today (Sep 23) in several markets. Selling is slated to start from October 2nd.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE price
- Galaxy S20 FE 6GB/128GB 4G: £599 (Rs. 56,250 approx.) / €649 (Rs. 55,750 approx.)
- Galaxy S20 FE 8GB/256GB 4G: €719 (Rs. 61,750 approx.)
- Galaxy S20 FE 6GB/128GB 5G: US$699.99 (Rs. 51,500 approx.) / £699 (Rs. 65,640 approx.) / €749 (Rs. 64,300 approx.)
- Galaxy S20 FE 8GB/56GB 5G: €819 (Rs. 70,350 approx.)