Samsung has finally launched its rugged Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 in US. It is specially meant for individuals who are into field work, industrial locations or harsh weather. This rugged tablet was first announced last year in October.
The device is IP68 rated for water / dust resistance and also complies with MIL-STD-810G military standards. It has Physical buttons for easy operations when wearing gloves. It’s S-Pen is also IP68 rated and comes with 4096 pressure points.
It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat OS. It comes with several app features like Fleet Management (Omnitracs XRS Fleet), Fast Scanning (Scandit’s mobile date capture platform) for Retail and Asset Management in the Field.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 specs include 8.0-inch WXGA display with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. It is powered by octa-core Exynos 7870 chipset and comes with 3GB RAM and 16GB expandable storage. It has 5MP front and 8MP rear camera with LED Flash.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 Specifications
- Dimensions: 214.7 x 127.6 x 9.9 mm / Weight: 415 grams (Wi-Fi) or 419 grams (LTE)
- Android 7.1 Nougat OS
- Optional SIM support with LTE (Supports both AT&T and Verizon)
- IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. MIL-STD-810G compliant with 1.2m Anti-shock inbox protective cover
- S Pen (also IP68 certified, 4096 Pressure Level, Air Command)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 8-inch TFT Display with 1280 x 800 pixels WXGA resolution, 480nits brightness. Works even when the screen is wet
- 1.6GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 7870 14nm processor with Mali-T830 MP1 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB Internal memory, expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- 5MP front camera
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, Auto Focus
- 4450 mAh Li-Po removable battery (fully charges up in 160 minutes). Up to 11 hours interne usage and Video playback. About 78 hours of Music playback time.
- 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V4.2, NFC, GPS+GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type-C, Pogo Pin
- Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity, RGB Light