Samsung has just announced its latest Galaxy Watch3 smartwatch at its Galaxy Unpacked 2020 event. It is a luxury timepiece which comes in 41mm and 45mm model.
The Galaxy Watch3 is made with premium materials like stainless steel with high-quality leather strap or Titanium model with metal strap. It has 5ATM and IP68 water resistant rating and complies with MIL-STD-810G grade durability.
Compared to original Galaxy Watch, the Galaxy Watch 3 is 14% thinner, 8% smaller and 15% lighter. Its 41mm variant comes with 1.2-inch display while its 45mm model sports a 1.4-inch screen. These have full color always-on Super AMOLED screen with 360 x 360 pixels resolution and houses Corning Gorilla Glass DX protection.
Samsung says that it has more than 80000 watch faces in Galaxy Store. Moreover, the watch faces are customizable according to your needs. The smartwatch comes in both Bluetooth only and LTE models.
The Galaxy Watch3 is powered by Wearable OS 5.5 which is based on Tizen. It has 1.15GHz dual-core Exynos 9110 SoC with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM. The 41mm model houses 247mAh battery capacity while its larger counterpart includes 340mAh battery. These support WPC based wireless charging
The smartwatch will offer Blood Oxygen (SoO2) feature for measuring and tracking oxygen saturation over time. When combined with Samsung Health Monitor Apps, it can track Blood Pressure (BP) and take Electrocardiogram (ECG) readings.
It has a special fall detection feature which identified potential falls and sends an SOS notification to chosen contacts. There is Running analysis which offers real-time feedback during runs. It also gives out six-factor post-workout reports which helps improve form, boost performance and reduce injury.
The Galaxy Watch 3 will soon be able to easily access VO2 Max readings for insights on oxygen uptake. It has Samsung Health which has more than 120 different video workouts. It has brand new sleep score and insights to help you get better rest.
Samsung Galaxy Watch3 specifications
- Size: 41mm / 45mm
- Colors: 41mm (Mystic Bronze, Mystic Silver) / 45mm (Mystic Black, Mystic Silver)
- Dimensions and Weight:
- 41mm: 41 x 42.5 x 11.3 mm / 48.2 grams (Stainless Steel)
- 45mm: 45 x 46.2 x 11.1 mm / 53.8 grams (Stainless Steel) – 43 grams (Titanium)
- Materials: Stainless Steel with leather strap or Titanium with Metal Strap
- Interface: Rotating Bezels, Home Key, Back Key
- Durability: 5ATM + IP68 water resistant rating, MIL-STD-810G
- Operating System: Tizen based Wearable OS 5.5
- Display: 1.2-inch (41mm) / 1.4-inch (45mm) Super AMOLED Full Color Always on Display with 360 x 360 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass DX protection
- Chipset: 1.15GHz dual-core Exynos 9110 SoC
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB built-in
- Connectivity: LTE (optional), Bluetooth V5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo
- Battery: 247mAh (41mm) / 340mAh (45mm). Supports WPC based wireless charging
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Light, Optical Heart rate sensor, Electrical Heart rate sensor
- Health features: Blood Pressure moniotr, Electrocardiogram (ECG), Blood Oxygen, Fall Detection, Running Analysis, VO2Max, Sleep management, Fitness programs (120 different video workouts)
The Galaxy Watch will be available in select countries starting from August 6th, 2020 and will expand to more markets. It will come in LTE and Bluetooth variants and in 41mm and 45mm sizes. The Galaxy Watch Titanium variant will be available later this year.
The 41mm Galaxy Watch3 models price starts at $399.99 (Rs. 29,920 approx.) while its 45mm Galaxy Watch3 models price starts from $429.99 (Rs. 32,150 approx.).