Samsung has officially unveiled a new smartphone its XCover Series called Galaxy XCover FieldPro. It has push-to-talk capability and comes with defense grade Samsung Knox security platform (CJIS, HIPAA and FIPS compliant).
The Samsung Galaxy XCover Field Pro has IP68 rated for water and dust resistance. It has MIL-STD-810G durability and is resistant to shocks and drops.
It has 4500mAh battery with POGO pin charging. The handset also ships with an extra battery and is field replaceable. The handset is hefty with 14.2mm thickness and 256 grams weight.
The Samsung Galaxy XCover FieldPro specs include 5.1-inch QHD display with Samsung Exynos 9810 SoC and 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. It has 12MP auto focus rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
Samsung Galaxy XCover FieldPro specifications
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 80.7 x 14.2 mm
- Weight: 256 grams
- Operating System: Android Oreo, upgradable to Android 10 (Android Q)
- Durability: IP68 (water/dust resistant), MIL-STD-810G, Anti Shock
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor
- Display: 5.1-inch multi-touch display with 2560 x 1440 pixels QHD resolution, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor
- Ram: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP
- Rear camera: 12MP with Triple LED Flash, Auto Focus, Dual Aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE (Cat.11 3CA), Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo, NFC