Samsung has finally taken wraps of its latest rugged smartphone called Galaxy XCover6 Pro. It is a purposefully engineered enterprise-ready cellphone that not only provides rugged durability but also delivers end to end security.
The XCover6 Pro comes with a wide variety of Samsung and partner accessories19 such as Smart Case, POGO/multi-device/battery pack chargers, charging cradles, belt clips and PTT headsets.
For durability, Samsung has certified XCover6 Pro with MIL-STD-810H grading and IP68 water/dust resistant rating. To top it of, the handset uses corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection for added durability.
Biometrics here are taken care by a Fingerprint sensor which is placed at side on power button. There is support for face unlocking as well. The Galaxy Xcover6 Pro is 9.9 mm thick and is made using recycled plastics.
It has single/dual SIM options with 5G support. The handset runs on Android 12 OS with One UI optimizations on top. It has built-in Samsung Knox for enterprise level security. Samsung has confirmed up to 5 years of security updates and four additional One UI / OS upgrades.
The smartphone feature a 6.6-inch screen that offers FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio and up to 120Hz refresh rate. It has 6nm octa-core processor inside with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage space. It does allow further expansion.
It is built to withstand severe weather, drops and other hazards that come with working in the field. Further, in environments where gloves are required or workers are using their device outside in the rain, Touch Sensitivity0 settings can be adjusted to increase the screen’s receptiveness, while enhancements for touch in wet environments make it easier to use when your hand is damp in rainy conditions.
Other specifications of Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro include 13MP front camera and 50MP main with 8MP ultra-wide angle lens at back with LED Flash. It has a 4050mAh (typical) battery inside and is user replaceable.
Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro specs
- Dimensions: 168.8 x 79.9 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 235 grams
- Operating System: Android 12 with One UI
- SIM: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Durability: IP68, MIL-STD-810H certified, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Security: Samsung Knox, Face Recognition, Fingerprint sensor (Side, power key)
- Other: Customization via XCover Key and Top key
- Display: 6.6-inch multi-touch PLS LCD screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Processor: Octa-Core 6nm Snapdragon 778G mobile platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB built-in, expandable up to 1TB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 13MP with F/2.2 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Dual cameras with LED flash
- 50MP main with F/1.8 Aperture, Auto Focus
- 8MP Ultra-wide with F/2.2 Aperture
- Battery: 4050mAH (typical) user replaceable
- Audio: dual microphones, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: 5G / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax, 802.11mc, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C 3.2, NFC, Pogo Pin (charging only), GPS/GLONASS/Biedou/Galileo/QZSS*
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer*
Samsung has not revealed price of Galaxy XCover6 Pro yet. However, it is confirmed to go on sale in select markets of Europe, Asia and Middle East starting July 2022. It will land in other regions later on.