Samsung Electronics has just announced its latest gaming notebook called Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z. It was unveiled at Intel’s Worldwide launch event in Beijing, China.
It is striking thin for a gaming laptop with thickness for just 17.9 mm. It has redesigned revolutionary thermal management hardware and comes with built-in Z AeroFlow Cooling system. It consists of Dynamic Spread Vapor Chamber (covers both CPU and GPU), the Z AeroFlow Cooling Design and Z Blade Blower.
The Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z comes with refined keyboard which has Crater key caps for precision and comfort. Its new Precision Touchpad is placed at the side to give a desktop like feeling. There are shortcut keys and Silent mode option as well.
The notebook packs in 15.6-inch display with 1080p resolution and comes with 6-core (12 threads) 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-P graphics card. The laptop can be configured with up to 16GB DDR4 RAM and up to 1TB SSD storage.
- Dimensions: 375.6 x 255 x 17.9 / Weight: 2.4 Kg
- Windows 10 OS
- Backlit curved keyboard with Precision Touchpad and Gaming Hotkey
- 15.6-inch PLS display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics (6GB GDDR5)
- up to 16GB DDR4 RAM (2400MHz)
- up to 1TB SSD( NVMe PCIe) storage
- 720p HD camera
- 54Wh Battery with 180W Adapter (DC-in)
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GH/5GHz), Bluetooth V4.1, USB-C (4K display out with optional adapter, Charging, up to 5Gbps), two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, HDMI (out), Headphone/Mic in combo, RJ45 (Lan), two 1.5W speakers
- 1.5W x 2 Speaker
The Samsung Odyssey Z comes in Titan Silver color and will be available in select countries like Korea and China in April 2018. This gaming notebook will also land in US in Q3 2018. Pricing details were not revealed.
YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communication Business at Samsung Electronics said –
With the Notebook Odyssey Z, we set out to create a dynamic, user friendly laptop that would take gaming experiences to new heights, from the vibrant display to powerful processing power output. The seamless visuals, combined with an industry leading cooling system will help give our players an upper hand in their gaming experience.