Samsung has taken wraps of its new Galaxy Z Fold2 5G smartphone. It is more of a teaser as Samsung has left out several details.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 will come in Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black colors. For those who want a unique premium design, Samsung has also partnered with iconic New York Fashion house Thom Browne to deliver limited Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition.
When folded, it boasts a 6.2-inch screen for one-handed comfort. When you unfold it, you get a huge 7.6-inch tablet-like display which uses Samsung Ultra Thin glass for smooth flexibility. These are edge-to-edge nearly bezel-less Infinity-O displays.
At the back behind Samsung logo is its new stat-of-the-art hinge, which ensures smooth folding and unfolding. Its front facing camera and internal cameras have been moved inside punch-holes. for even better experience. Both front and cover cameras are 10MP snappers.
Its rear camera setup includes 12MP (main, F/1.8, PDAF, OIS) + 12MP (telephoto, F/2.4, PDAF, OIS, 2X optical / 10X digital zoom) + 12MP (120-degree ultra-wide angle, F/2.2) triple shooters with LED Flash.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specs include octa-core Snapdragon 865+ SoC with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage options. It has side mounted fingerprint sensor and houses 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless charging support.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 68 x 16.8 mm (folded) / 159.2 x 128.2 x 6.9 mm (unfolded)
- Weight: 279 Grams
- Operating System: Android 10 with One UI
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side)
- Outer display: 6.23-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with 2260 x 816 pixels resolution, 25:9 aspect ratio, 60Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support
- Inner display: 7.6-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O screen with 2208 x 1768 pixels resolution, 5:4 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate (dynamic), HDR10+ support
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 865+ mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 256GB / 512GB built-in
- Front camera:
- Folded: 10MP with F/2.2 Aperture, Fixed Focus
- Unfolded: 10MP with F/2.2 Aperture, Fixed Focus
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 12MP main with F/1.8 Aperture, OIS
- 12MP ultra-wide-angle with F/2.2 Aperture
- 12MP Telephoto with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh with 25W wired fast charging, 11W wireless charging, reverse charging support
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA/mmWave) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band, Bluetooth V5.1, GPS/GLONASS, NFC and USB Type-C
The Samsung Galxy Z Fold2 will roll out in 40 markets from September 18th. The Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition will roll out from September 25th. Both models are up for pre-roder.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Price
- United States: US$ 2000
- United Kingdom: GBP 1800
- Canada: CAD 2780
- Germany: EUR 1950
- Italy: EUR 2050
- Spain: 2010
- Sweden: SEK 22,700
- Poland: PLN 8800
- Russia: RUB 180,000
- South Korea: KRW 2,400,000