Sharp has unveiled AQUOS R2 successor in Japan and company is calling it as AQUOS R3.
It has 6.2-inch IGZO display with Quad HD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. It has two two notch, with top one housing 16.3MP selfie camera while the bottom part housing fingerprint sensor.
At the back side is 12.2MP and 20.1MP dual camera setup along with LED Flash. The Sharp AQUOS R3 specs include octa-core Snapdragon 855 SoC with 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. It has 3200 mAh battery inside.
Sharp AQUOS R3 specifications
- Dimensions: 156 x 74 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Biometric: Face recognition, Fingerprint
- Display: 6.2-inch Pro IGZO display with 3120 x 1440 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.48GHz Kryo 485 x 1 + 2.42GHz Kryo 485 x 3 + 1.8GHz Kryo 485 x 4) Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB Built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 16.3MP with F/2.0 Aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 25m focal length, AQUOS Beauty
- Rear cameras: 12.2MP (F/1.7 Aperture, 78-degree wide-angle lens, 26mm focal length, High speed AF, ProPix2) + 20.1MP (F/2.4 Aperture, 125-degree wide angle lens, 18mm focal length, Deep Focus ES, AI Live shutter, AI Live story) dual shooters with LED Flash
- Battery: 3200 mAh with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging (Qi standard compliant, 11W)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm Audio jack (with Dolby Atmos)
The Sharp AQUOS R3 color option include Premium Black, Premium White, Elegant Green, Luxury Red and Pink Amethyst colors. It will land at major carriers like NTT DoCoMo, AU, Softbank in Japan in early summer. Exact dates of availability and its pricing were not revealed.