Sharp has announced a new mid-range smartphone in Taiwan called AQUOS V. Interestingly, it comes with an octa-core Snapdragon 835 SoC which is a two year old chipset.
Equipped with Hybrid Dual SIM Slots, it runs on Android Pie OS and houses rear mounted fingerprint sensor. There is an 8MP selfie shooter with EIS and face unlock support. There is a 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with LED flash at the back.
The Sharp AQUOS V specs include 5.93-inch multi-touch FHD+ display with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM (expandable). A 3090mAh battery fuels the hardware.
Sharp AQUOS V specifications
- Dimensions: 157 x 76 x 9 mm
- Weight: 173 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM Slots (Nano + Nano / MicroSD)
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear), Face unlock
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 5.93-inch multi-touch display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 835 mobile platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, EIS
- Rear cameras: 13MP (OIS) + 13MP (Mono, F/2.0, PDAF) dual rear cameras with LED Flash
- Battery: 3090mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, USB Type-C, GPS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The Sharp AQUOS V price is NT$ 6990 (US$ 230 / Rs. 16,400 approx.) and comes in Starry Black color. The smartphone is already available in Taiwan and is also expected to make its way in Europe.