Sony has just announced Xperia 1 II (also called as Sony Xperia 1 MX II) flagship smartphone. It is a dual SIM handset and support 5G along with Dual 4G VoLTE. It has a fingerprint and comes with IP65 / IP68 water resistant ratings.
The Sony Xperia 1 II greets you with its 6.5-inch CinemaWide HDR OLED display with offers 3840 x 1644 pixels resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio. It is an HDR screen with DCI-P3 color gamut and houses Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
Phone internals are flagship grade, boasting latest octa-core Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with 8GB RAM. It has 256GB ROM which is again expandable up to 1TB. It has hybrid slot and not a dedicated MicroSD card slot though. It has 4000mAh battery with fast charging support.
The Sony Xperia 1 II specs include quad-rear cameras with legendary ZEISS quality lenses and ZEISS T Coating. It has a combination of 12MP (F/2.2, 16mm) + 12MP (F/2.4, 70mm) + 3D iToT + 12MP (F/1.7, 24mm) shooters. These can capture 20fps continuous burst shots complete with auto focus and auto exposure. The handset continously calculates auto focus and exposure up to 60 times per second for clear shots. Its Dual Photo Diode sensor delivers accurate and fast focusing. Sony’s innovative 3D iToF (Indirect Time-of-Flight sensor takes low light shots with ease. Selfies are handled with an 8MP front shooter.
The Xperia 1 II will not disappoint audiophiles. It has stereo speakers and delivers Hi-Res sound with Dolby Atmos. It has 360 Reality Audio with unique hardware decoding to optimize sound quality when listening to music on Tidal. Digital music is upscaled with DSEE Ultimate.
Sony Xperia 1 II Specifications
- Dimensions: 166 x 72 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 181 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots
- Ratings: IP65 / IP68
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor
- Operating System: Android 10
- Display: 6.5-inch CinemaWide HDR OLED display with 3840 x 1644 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur reduction, DCI-P3 color gamut, 1000000:1 contrast ratio, multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB (UFS 2.1) built-in, expandable up to 1TB using MicrSDXC card
- Front camera: 8MP with 1/4-inch Sensor, F/2.0 Aperture, 84-degree FOV, HDR, 5-axis Stabilization, Display Flash
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, ZEISS T Coating, Real-time Eye AF, RGB-IR, OIS, 3X optical zoom, 3x Digital Zoom, HDR, 4K video recording
- 12MP with 1/1.7-inch Exmor RS mobile sensor, F/1.7 Aperture, 24mm focal length, 82-degree FOV
- 12MP with 1/3.4-inch Sensor, F/2.4 Aperture, 70mm focal length, 34-degree FOV
- 12MP with 1/2.255-inch Exmor RS mobile sensor, F/2.2 Aperture, 16mm focal length, 124-degree FOV
- 3D iToF sensor
- Battery: 4000mAh with USB PD Fast charging, Qi Wireless charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, Stamina mode
- Audio: Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res Audio Wireless, LDAC, 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio Hardware decoding, True Front stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Qualcomm aptX HD audio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: 5G, dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, USB Type-C 3.1, Bluetooth V5.1, GPS/GLONASS
The Sony Xperia 1 II (Sony Xperia 1 MX II) will come in Black, Purple and White colors. It will be available in Europe in late Spring 2020. Pricing details were not revealed.
Update: The Sony Xperia 1 II price is €1,200