Sony unveiled Xperia 1 smartphone back in February and went on sale in June. Now, it has launched Xperia 1 Professional Edition in Japanese markets.
Basically, it is almost same as normal Xperia 1. The Professional Edition of Xperia 1 sports a tweaked 4K OLED display with 21:9 aspect ratio. It has support for 10-bit signal and comes with better calibration. It also supports Sony’s Master Series reference monitor line with Illuminant D65 color profile.
The Xperia 1 Professional Edition also brings Imaging Edge Mobile app for easy transfer of images videos from Sony Camera to phone wirelessly. The handset also brings support for Ethernet connectivity via Type-C port. Sadly, you’ll have to buy its adapter.
Sony Xperia 1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 167 x 72 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 178 grams
- Rating: IP65/68
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, r ear
- SIM: Single / Hybrid Dual SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.5-inch CinemaWide OLED screen, HDR BT 2020, 3840 x 1644 pixels resolution, 643ppi pixel density, DCI-P3 100% colors, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.84GHz Kryo 485 x 1 + 2.42GHz Kryo 485 x 3 + 1.8GHz Kryo 485 x 4) Snapdragon 855 mobile platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6GB (LPDDR4X)
- Storage: 128GB built-in, Expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card (expandable only in Dual SIM model)
- Front camera: 8MP with 1/4-inch Sensor size, F/2.0 Aperture, HDR, 1/12μm pixel size, 84-degree wide angle, HDR
- Rear camera: Triple camera setup with LED flash,Cinema pro powered by CineAlta, BIONZ X for mobile, RAW Noise reduction, Eye AF, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2X optical zoom, 5X digital zoom, HDR, 4K video
- 12MP with F/1.6 Aperture, 26mm Wide, 1/2.6-inch sensor size, Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-Axis OIS
- 12MP with F/2.4 Aperture, 52mm Telephoto, 1/3.4-inch sensor size, Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-Axis OIS
- 12MP with F/2.4 Aperture, 16mm Ultra-wise, 1/34-inch sensor size
- Battery: 3300 mAh Li-Ion non-removable, 18W Xperia Adaptive charging fast battery charging, Qi wireless charging, Smart Stamina,
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/BDS/Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1
- Audio: Stereo speakers with 24-bit audio, Dolby Atmos, Active noise cancellation, DSEE HX, Stereo Reocrding, Qualcomm aptX HD, High-Resolution Audio
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, e-Comapss, Game rotation vector, Geomagnetic rotation vecotor, Hall, Magnetometer, Step counter, Step detector, RGBC-IR sensor
The Sony Xperia 1 Professional Edition price is JPY 143,000 ($1320 approx.). It will go on sale in Japan from October 25th.