Sony took to IFA 2019 where it has annoucned its latest Xperia smartphone called Sony Xperia 5. It comes with IP65/IP68 water proof rating and will come in Single or Dual SIM options.
The phone is 8.2 mm thick and houses a side mounted fingerprint sensor. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie OS out of the box and is powered by 3140 mAh battery with Xperia Adaptive Charging technology.
The Sony Xperia 5 specs include 6.1-inch OLED CinemaWide HDR display with FHD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio. It has BRAVIA X1 engine for mobile and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, both at the front and back.
Internal hardware makes up of octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM, which is expandable using MicroSD card. In terms of optics, there is an 8MP selfie camera with Exmor RS sensor. At the back side is 12MP (main) + 12MP (wide-angle) + 12MP (telephoto) triple shooters along with LED flash.
Sony Xperia 5 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 164 grams
- Ratings: IP65 / IP68 (Water/Dust resistant)
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
- SIM: Single / Dual Nano SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Display: 6.1-inch CinemaWide OLED display with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, X1 for Mobile, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6GB (LPDDR4X)
- Storage: 128GB built-in, expandable upto 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP front camera with 1/4-inch sensor size, F/2.0 Aperture, 1.12um pixels, HDR, 5-axis stabilization
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED flash, Cinema Pro (powered by CineAlta), BIONZ X for mobile, RAW noise reduction, Eye AF, RGBC-IR Sensor, 2X Optical zoom, 5X digital Zoom, HDR, 960fps super slow motion
- 12MP with 1/2.6-inch Exmor RS sensor, 1.4um pixels, F/1.6 Aperture, OIS, Hybrid OIS/EIS video stabilization, 26mm Versatile lens
- 12MP with 1/3.4-inch Sensor size, 1.0um pixels, F/2.4 Aperture, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active mode (5-axis stabilization), 16mm super wide-angle lens
- 12MP with 1/2.4-inch Sensor size, 1.0um pixels, F/2.4 Aperture, 45-degree angle, Eye AF, OIS, 52mm portrait / telephoto lens
- Battery: 3140mAh with Xperia Adaptive charging, Battery care, Smart Stamina, USB PD charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, USB type-C 3.1, GPS/GLONASS, NFC
The Sony Xperia 5 price is £699 (US$ 862 / Rs. 61,990 approx.) and comes in Black, Blue, Red and Grey colors. It will start rolling out in several countries and its markets from October 2019. Pre-order in UK starts in September.