Sony has officially unveiled its latest Xperia 5 II smartphone. It has is 8mm slim with 183 grams weight and houses Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots.
It has fingerprint sensor for authentication and powered by Android 10 OS. The phone has IP65 and IPX68 water / dust resistant rating.
The Sony Xperia 5 II features in 6.5-inch OLED CinemaWide screen with 21:9 aspect ratio and FHD+ resolution. It has 120Hz refresh rate , 240Hz touch sampling rate and delivers 100% DCI-P3 colors. There is a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection as well.
Pumping inside is octa-core Snapdragon 865 SoC with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM. It has MicroSDXC card support up to 1TB. A 4000mAh battery powers the hardware. It has fast charging support, which charges the smartphone up to 50% in 30 minutes.
The cameras include 12MP + 12MP + 12MP triple shooters at the back. Front side houses an 8MP selfie camera.
Sony Xperia 5 II specifications
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Operating System: Android 10
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano SIM
- Biometrics: Finger print sensor
- Ratings: IP65/IP68
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED CinemaWide display with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 240Hz motion blur reduction, 100% DCI-P3 colors, Illuminant D65 White point, 10 bit tonal gradation, X1 for mobile, multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Chipset: Octa core Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB / 256 built-in, expandable up to 1TB thing microSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with 1/4″ Sensor, 84° FOV, F/2.0 Aperture, 5-axis stabilization
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED flash, ZEISS quality lenses calibrated specifically for PDX-204, ZEISS T Coating, Up to 20 fps AF / AE, Up to 60 times per second continuous AF / AE calculation, Real-Time Eye AF for humans and animals, Dual photo diode, 3D iToF sensor, RGB-IR, OIS photo, Photo flash, Photo light, Optical zoom 3x (70 mm lens equivalent), 3x Digital zoom (16, 24, and 70 mm lens), HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo
- 12MP with 1/1.7″ Exmor RS sensor, 24mm focal length, 82° FOV, F/1.7 Aperture
- 12MP with 1/3.4″ Sensor, 78mm focal length, 34° FOV, F/2.4 Aperture
- 12MP with 1/2.55″ Exmor RS sensor, 16mm focal length, 124-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture
- Battery: 4000mAh with Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, Stamina Mode, USB PD Fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB 3.1 Type-C, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack
- Audio: front firing stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, 360-reality Audio
The Sony Xperia 5 II price in US is $950 will be up for order from September 29th. Shipping starts from December 4th. Those who pre-order Xperia 5 II by November 29th will get gaming bundle worth $400 (Gaming headset, 10000mAh power back, 21,600 COD points). The Xperia 5 II price in Europe is €900. The cellphone comes in Black, Blue, Gray and Pink colors.