Sony has just announced its latest Xperia 5 IV high end smartphone.
The Xperia 5 series is known for its higher mid range smartphones. The latest IV model not only brings flagship specs but also packs in several high-end features.
The Sony Xperia 5 IV is similar to Xperia 5 III in terms of design. It has side mounted fingerprint sensor and comes with Android 12 OS pre-installed.
It comes with IPX5 and IPX8 water resistant rating and IP6X dust proof rating. It has stereo speakers with Dolby Audio and sports Hi-Res audio certification.
The Sony Xperia 5 IV specs include 6.1-inch OLED display offering 2520 x 1080 pixels FHD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio. It gives 120Hz refresh rate and 50% better brightness than its predecessor. There is a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection on top as well.
Under the hood is an octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen1 mobile platform which is paired with 8GB RAM. It has 128GB built-in storage space and supports further expansion up to 1TB.
The Xperia 5 IV feature in a 5000mAh battery and supports 30W PD charging. It can charge batter up to 50% in just 30 minutes. Sadly, the PD Charger and the USB cable are not included inside the box.
For optics, it has a 12MP front camera with 5-axis stabilization. At the back side are triple cameras which include 12MP main, 12MP telephoto and 12MP ultra-wide angle lenses.
Sony Xperia 5 IV specifications
- Dimensions: 156 x 67 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 172 grams
- SIM: Dual slots (Nano + eSIM)
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side)
- Water Resistance: IPX5/IPX8 water resistant, IP6X dust proof
- Operating system: Android 12
- Display: 6.1-inch OLED HDR screen with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz motion blur reduction, 240Hz touch sampling rate, CineAlta, 100% DCI-P3 colors, 10-bit tonal gradiation, X1 for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB built-in, expandable up to 1TB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 12MP with 1/2.9″ EXMOR RS for mobile sensor, F/2.0 Aperture, HDR, 5-axis stabilization
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash, 4K video, ZEISS quality lenses calibration, ZEISS T* coating, 120fps read out speed, up to 2fps AF/E burst, real-time Eye AF, Real-time tracking, RGB-IR, OIS, Hybrid Zoom 7.5x (based on 24mm wide camera), AI super resolution zoom, HDR
- 12MP main with 1/1.7″ EXMOR RS for mobile sensor, 82-degree FOV, F/1.7 Aperture, 24mm focal length
- 12MP Telephoto with 1/3.5″ EXMOR RS for mobile sensor, 48-degree FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, 60mm focal length
- 12MP wide-angle with 1/2.5″ EXMOR RS for mobile sensor, 124-dgree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 16mm focal length
- Battery: 5000mAh with USB PD fast charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, QI Wireless charging, Battery sharing feature
- Audio: Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res Audio Wireless (LDAC), 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality audio certified, 360 Reality Audio Upmix, Full-stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive
- Other features: PS Remote Play, DualShock / DualSense compatibility, Game enhancer, Dynamic Vibration System
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, 2.4/5/6GHz, Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, GPS/A-GPS/Beidou/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS
The Sony Xperia 5 IV is priced at €1,049 / £949 and comes in Green, Ecru White and Black colors. It will go on sale in Mid September.