Sony has just announced its new Xperia 8 Lite smartphone in Japan. It is powered by Android 9.0 Pie OS and includes a fingerprint sensor on side.
The Sony Xperia 8Lite also comes with IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X water and dust resistant rating. It has 6-inch Truliminous LCD display with FHD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio.
Pumping inside is an eight-core Snapdragon 630 chipset paired with 4GB RAM. There is 64GB of on-board storage space and MicroSD card support for further expansion.
The Sony Xperia 8 Lite specs include 8MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture and 12MP (main, F/1.8) + 8MP (F/2.4) dual shooters at the back with LED Flash. It has a small 2870mAh battery capacity.
Sony Xperia 8 Lite Specifications
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 170 Grams
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side)
- Water-proof ratings: IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6-inch Triluminous display with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 630 mobile platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Dual Rear shooters with LED Flash
- 12MP Main with F/1.8 Aperture, 2x optical zoom, AI Scene detection, EIS
- 8MP wide-angle with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 2870mAh
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V.50, USB Type-C GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The Sony Xperia 8 Lite price is JPY 29,800 ($280 / €235 / Rs. 20,830 approx.) and comes in White and Black colors. Mobile is up for reservations and will start selling from September 1st.