Sony expands its Xperia Smartphone lineup with a new mobile called XPERIA 8. It is mid-range device in Japan which has a fingerprint sensor at the right side.
It runs on Android Pie and is IPX5 / IPX6 / IP6X rated for water and dust resistance. The handset is 8.1 mm thick and houses a glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
The Sony Xperia 8 specs include 6-inch LCD display with FHD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio. You get an octa-core Snapdragon 630 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage (expandable).
It has 2760 mAh battery inside. At the front side is an 8MP selfie camera while the back side hosts 12MP and 8MP dual shooters with LED Flash.
Sony Xperia 8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Ratings: IPX5 / IPX6 for water proof and IP6X for dust proof
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie
- SIM: Dual SIM Slots
- Display: 6-inch LCD Triluminous display with 2560 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: 12MP (F/1.8, EIS) + 8MP (F/2.4, 2X optical zoom) dual cameras with LED Flash
- Battery: 2760 mAh (typical). Offers about 26 hours of 4G talk time or 25.5 hours of 3G talk time
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0 LE, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Audio: Sony Hi-Res Audio with LDAC technology
The Sony Xperia 8 Price is 54,000 Yen (US$ 505 / Rs. 35,850 approx.) (including tax). It comes in Black, Blue, Orange and Gray colors. The mobile will go on sale in Japan in Late October.