Sony has just launched its latest flagship smartphone called Xperia XZ3. It is successor to last years Xperia XZ2 and packs in premium specifications.
The phone has a 6-inch curved OLED Triluminos display with 2880 x 1440 pixels resolution. As you might expect from a flagship, it is powered by Qualcomm’s latest octa-core Snapdragon 845 Mobile platform.
The handset is 9.9 mm thick and weighs about 193 grams. It has IP65/68 rating for water and dust resistance. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection both at the front and back. And there is a metal frame which further adds to durability factor.
The SoC is paired with 4GB RAM which is a slight let down as most flagship mobiles have adopted 6GB as base. The Xperia XZ3 specs include 64GB on-board storage space and is expandable up to 512GB just in case you want more.
For selfie fanatics, Sony has included 13MP front shooter with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor and 23mm wide angle lens. Its 19MP Motion Eye camera at the back is even powerful and is equipped with 1.23″ EXMOR RS memory stacked sensor, BIONZ image processing algorithm and much more (mentioned bellow).
The XZ3 also comes with fast and secure rear facing fingerprint sensor. It has 3330 mAh fast charging battery which should last you though out the day. Most of connectivity features and Audio enhancements are included as well (again mentioned bellow).
- Colors: Black, White Silver, Forest Green Bordeaux Red
- Dimensions: 158 x 73 x 9.9 mm / Weight: 193 grams
- Single / Dual SIM options
- IP65 / IP68 water resistant rating
- Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- Android 9 Pie OS
- 6-inch OLED Triluminos display with X-Reality for mobile, 2880 x 1440 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Dynamic contrast enhancer, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- octa-core Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSDXC card
- 13MP Front camera with 23mm wide angle lens, 1/3.06-inch Exmor RS sensor, 5-axis stabilization
- 19MP Rear Motion Eye camera with 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS memory-stacked sensor, 1.22µm pixels, 25mm wide Sony G Lens, F/2.0 Aperture, BIONZ mobile image-processing engine, 8X digital zoom, Predictive Hybrid Auto Focus (0.03s), Auto Focus burst, Triple image-sensing technology, 5-axis stabilization, Anti-distortion shutter, 4K HDR movie recording, 960fps super slow motion video
- 3330 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Smart Stamina mode, Qnovo Adaptive charging
- Hi-Res Audio, DSEE HX, LDAC, ClearAudio+, Stereo Speakers with S-Force front surround, Qualcomm aptX HD audio, Automatic Headphone optimization, Virtual Phones technology, USB Type-C to 3.5mm Audio jack adapter
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 8021.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2/4.5GHz), DLNA certified, Wi-Fi Miracast, Bluetooth V5.0, NFC, USB 3.1 Gen-1 Type-C, GPS/GLONASS