VIVO has officially announced its latest ‘NEX Series’ smartphones called NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G. These share same specifications.
The VIVO NEX 3 features in 6.89-inch Waterfall screen which a custom made AMOLED panel. Its edges have almost 90-degree curve, thus boosting to 99.6% screen-to-body ratio which is astonishing. It comes with prefixed customized screen protector. Company also said that R&D investment for developing waterfall screen has exceeded 200 Million.
The handset also sports an in-display fingerprint sensor. There is a pressure key on the side with pressure sensor array which consists of seven sensors. There is a X-Axis motor which is combined with a pressure algorithm model and micrometer-level precision recognition for crisp vibrating experience. These sensors have a unique independent power supply system for hidden pressure sensitive keys.
The VIVO NEX 3 specs include octa-core Snapdragon 855 Plus processor with 8GB / 12GB RAM combined with variants of 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage options (UFS 3.0 and non expandable). The handset also comes with Vapor Chamber cooling which reduces temperature by up to 10 degrees.
There is a 16MP front camera with is placed inside pop-up module which opens in about 0.65 seconds. At the back side is 64MP + 13MP + 13MP triple shooters. The cameras offer Hyper-HDR adjustment of dynamic range from the face to the brightest part of the screen to 7.65 EV, while the overall dynamic range reaches 12.3 EV.
The NEX 3 5G supports 5G and sports dedicated 6-antenna design for optimum connectivity. There is 4500 mAh battery which supports 44W ultra-fast charging. The cell phone also includes C-DRX Power-Saving technology as well.
VIVO NEX 3 / NEX 3 5G Specifications
- Dimensions: 167.44 x 76.18 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 218 Grams
- SIM: Dual SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with Funtouch OS 9.1
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.89-inch Super AMOLED HDR10 display with 2256 x 1080 pixels resolution, 100% P3 color gamut, 800nits brightness, 99.6% screen-to-body ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.96GHz Kryo 485 x 1 + 2.42GHz Kryo 485 x 3 + 1.8GHz Kryo 485 x 4) Snapdragon 855 Plus mobile platfomr with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM with Storage: 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Front camera: 16MP with F/2.09 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Triple rear camers with LED Flash
- 64MP with 1/1.72-inch Samsung GW1 sensor, F/1.7 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size
- 13MP with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, 2.5cm super macro support
- 13MP with Telephoto lens, 2X optical zoom, 10X digital zoom
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) / 4410mAh (minimum) with 44W Ultra-fast charging
- Audio: AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB type-C, NFC, GPS/GLONASS
VIVO NEX 3 / NEX 3 5G Price
- VIVO NEX 3 4G + 8GB RAM + 128GB storage model: 4998 Yuan (US$ 707 / Rs. 50,630 approx.)
- VIVO NEX 3 5G + 8GB RAM + 256GB storage model: 5698 Yuan (US$ 806 / Rs. 57,730 approx.)
- VIVO NEX 3 5G + 12GB RAM + 256GB storage model: 6198 Yuan (US$ 876 / Rs. 62,790 approx.)
The VIVO NEX 3 colors include white and black shades. The smartphone will go on sale in China from September 21, 2019.