VIVO has just announced its new 5G smartphone in China called VIVO S6 5G. Specifications of the phone are at par with the ones revealed by TENAA.
The Vivo S6 5G features in in-display fingerprint sensor and sports a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio and boasts 90.1% screen-to-body ratio.
It has an octa-core Exynos 980 SoC with 8GB RAM and comes in 128GB / 256GB storage variants. It has 4500mAh (typical) battery capacity which supports 18W fast charging.
The smartphone features in 32MP selfie camera while the back side sports a quad-rear camera setup (inside circular module). These snappers made up of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP shooters and LED Flash.
VIVO S6 5G specifications
- Dimensions: 161.16 x 74.66 x 8.68 mm
- Weight: 181 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 based Funtouch OS 10
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Dual Slots
- Display: 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 408ppi pixel density, 1200000:1 contrast ratio, 103% color saturation, 90.1% screen-to-body ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: 2.2GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 980 processor with Mali-G76 GPU
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Front camera: 32MP with F/2.08 aperture
- Rear cameras: Quad-rear cameras with LED Flash, EIS, 4K video recording
- 48MP main ultra-clear camera with F/1.79 Aperture
- 8MP with 112-degree ultra-wide angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture, 4cm macro
- 2MP depth sensor with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) / 4390 mAh (minimum) with 18W fast charging support
- Audio: Hi-Res audio, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, E-Compass, Gyro
The Vivo S6 5G 128GB model price is 2698 Yuan (US$ 380 / Rs. 28,680 approx.) while the S6 5G 256GB variant costs 2998 Yuan (US$ 423 / Rs. 31,880 approx.). The smartphone comes in Black, White and Blue colors. It is already up for order and will go on sale in China from April 3rd.