VIVO has officially announced its latest foldable smartphone in China called VIVO X Fold. It was unveiled along side VIVO X Note. The handset is offered in Ash and Mountain Blue colors.
The VIVO X Fold is company’s first foldable smartphone. It has 8.03-inch 2K Foldable LTPO E5 AMOLED display that offers 2160 x 1916 pixels resolution and 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate. It has UTG Glass and 89.45% screen-to-body ratio. When folded, it has 6.53-inch secondary AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution. The handset boasts an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor in both screens.
The X Fold makes use waterdrop-shaped hine solution that integrates floating mid-plate that acts as skeleton. The hinge mimics bird wings where mid plate lifts up when the phone is open. When the device is closed, its middle plat offers enough bent space for more durability. VIVO Says that X Note has received TÜV-certified 300,000 lifespans
Powering inside this folding mobile phone is an octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform. It has 12GB RAM and has 256GB/512GB storage options. The device houses VC Liquid cooling system with graphite thermal conductivity sheet and thermal conductive gel.
The smartphone runs on Android 12 based OriginOS ocean. It has 16MP front camera while the back side is a combination of 50MP main (OIS, Zeiss T* coating), 48MP (114-degree ultra-wide), 12MP (portrait, F/1.98) and 8MP (periscope) lenses. It has 4600mAh battery and supports 66W wired / 50W wireless / 10W reverse charging. It is said to offer up to 14.7 hours of 4G VoLTE talk time or 14.3 days of 4G standby.
VIVO X Fold specifications
- Model: V2178A
- Dimensions: 162.01 x 74.47 x 14.57 – 14.91 mm (folded) / 162.01 x 144.87 x 6.28 – 7.40 mm (unfolded)
- Weight: 311 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Biometrics: Ultrasonic In-display fingerprint (Side and Outside)
- Operating System: Android 12 based OriginOS Ocean
- 8.03-inch main E5 AMOLED display with 2160 x 1916 pixels resolution, 4.3:55 aspect ratio, 8000000:1 contrast ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, 140Hz touch sampling rate (in gaming mode) 89.45% screen-to-body ratio
- 6.53-inch secondary AMOLED display with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate (in gaming mode), 8000000:1 contrast ratio, 88.75% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 mobile platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 16MP (inside and outside) with F/2.45 Aperture
- Rear cameras: quad cameras with LED Flash
- 50MP main with Samsung GN1 Sensor, F/1.57 Aperture, OIS, Zeiss T* coating, V1 Chip
- 48MP ultra-wide with 114-degree FOV, Sony IMX598 sensor, F/2.2 Aperture
- 12MP portrait with Sony IMX663 sensor, F/1.98 Aperture
- 8MP periscope with F/3.4 Aperture, OIS, laser AF, 5X optical zoom, 60X super zoom
- Battery: 4600mAh (typical) with 66W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C 3.1 (gen1), NFC, dual band GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo
- Audio: USB Type-C, Stereo speakers, CS43131 Hi-Fi chip
- Sensors: Acclerometer, Ambient light, Proximity, Gyro, e-compass, Hall, Laser focus, Pressure
VIVO X Fold price and availability
- 12GB RAM + 256GB Storage model: 8,999 yuan (US$ 1412 / Rs. 1,07,170 approx.)
- 12GB RAM + 512GB Storage model: 9,999 yuan (US$ 1,570 / Rs. 1,19,080 approx.)
The VIVO X Fold is already up for order in China and will go on sale from April 22nd.