Recently, Vivo X20 Plus UD was spotted at TENAA. Now, Chinese phone maker has officially unveiled the smartphone in China. Interestingly, Vivo X20 Plus UD is world’s first smartphone to feature under-display fingerprint sensor. It can unlock phone in 0.6 to 0.7 seconds.
The handset, also touted as Vivo X20 Plus in-screen Fingerprint Edition measures 165.2 x 80.02 x 7.35 mm and weighs about 183.1 grams. The fingerprint sensor (by Synaptics) is placed just under front glass and display panel. It uses Photoelectric reflection technology, RGB Pixel that makes through outer glass to read fingerprints.
It works like normal fingerprint sensor. Simply placing your fingerprint on the screen will unlock the phone. The under-display fingerprint sensor is secure enough to make payments via AliPay and WeChat. All other specifications are more or less the same as Vivo X20 Plus.
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 80.02 x 7.35 mm / Weight: 183.1 Grams
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with FunTouch OS 3.2
- Under-Display Fingerprint sensor and Face Recognition
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby
- 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display with 2160 x 1080 pixels FullHD+ resolution, 18:9 Aspect ratio, supports multi-touch
- Octa-core (2.2GHz x 4 + 1.9GHz x 4) Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- 8MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture
- 12MP (F/1.8 Aperture) + 5MP dual rear cameras with LED Flash. Supports PDAF
- 3905 mAh typical battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB 2.0, USB OTG, GPS, 3.5mm Audio jack
The Vivo X20 Plus UD (In-Screen Fingerprint Edition) is priced at 3598 Yuan (US$ 565 approx.) and comes in Black color (with Golden edges). It is up for order from January 24th to 29th and will go on sale from February 1st, 2018.