VIVO has unveiled a new Y Series smartphone in Vietnam called VIVO Y12s. The phone houses dedicated dual SIM slots and a microSD card slot.
The VIVO Y12s houses a 6.51-inch IPS LCD display with 20:9 HD+ resolution. A fingerprint sensor is placed at the side which unlocks in 0.23 seconds. There is an 8MP front camera inside notch and supports face unlocking.
The VIVO Y12s features in 13MP and 2MP dual cameras at the back with LED Flash. Powering its hardware is a 5000mAh battery with support for reverse charging. VIVO claims it to offer up to 16.3 hours of 720p movies or 8.9 hours of gaming.
The specifications of VIVO Y12s include octa-core Helio P35 SoC with 3GB RAM and 32GB built-in storage space (expandable). The cellphone runs on Android 10 with Funtouch OS 11 out of the box.
VIVO Y12s specifications
- Dimensions: 164.41 x 76.32 x 8.41 mm
- Weight: 191 grams
- Slots: Dual SIM Slots + MicroSD card slot
- Operating System: Android 10 based Funtouch OS 11
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side) (0.23 seconds), Face Recognition
- Display: 6.51-inch IPS LCD display with 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 32GB / 128GB built-in, expandable using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/1.8 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Dual cameras with LED Flash
- 13MP main with F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP depth with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) with AI power-saving, 5V/1A reverse charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, FM Radio
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, e-Compass, Gyroscope
The VIVO Y12s is priced at VND 3,290,000 (US$ 142 / Rs. 10,600 approx.) for 3GB/32GB model while its 4GB/128GB variant costs VND 4,290,000 (US$ 185 / Rs. 13,820 approx.). It comes in Phantom Black and Glacier Blue colors. [source]