Vivo has officially introduced its latest Y Series smartphone in China called Vivo Y79. It has 5.99 inch FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio and very slim bezels.
The handset is 7.7 mm thick, weighs about 160 grams and runs on FunTouch OS which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. There is a rear mounted fingerprint sensor for quick unlocking.
The Y79 also comes with Face Wake face recognition that instantly identifies facial features and unlocks the smartphone. A 24MP snapper sits at the front to ensure quality selfies. A 16MP Auto Focus camera sits at the back with LED flash.
The handset gets processing power from Snapdragon 625 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM for smooth multi-tasking. It has 64GB ROM and allows further expansion as well. The hardware is powered by 3225 mAH battery.
Vivo Y79 specifications
- Dimensions: 155.87 x 75.74 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 160 grams
- Dual SIM slots
- Android 7.1 Nougat OS based FunTouch OS
- Fingerprint Sensor (back)
- 5.99-inch in-cell FullView display with 1440 x 720 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 84.4% screen-to-body ratio, supports multi-touch
- 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal storage, expandable up to 64GB using MicroSD card
- 24MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture, 1/2.78 inch sensor size, Face Beauty 7.0 soft-Light flash
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, F/2.0 Aperture, Auto Focus, Capture 64MP Ultra HD photos,Slow motion capture and 1080p video recording
- 3225 mAh (typical) Battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V4.2, MicroUSB V2.0, USB OTG, GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Gravity Sensor, Proximity, Light, Gyro
The Vivo Y79 price goes at 2498 Yuan (US$ 377 / Rs. 24,350 approx.) and comes in Black, Matte Black, Rose Gold and Champagne Gold colors. The handset is already up for pre-order at online Vivo Store, TMall and JD.com.