Vivo has silently launched its latest ‘Y Series’ smartphone in China called VIVO Y97. It comes with IR Face unlock.
The handset is 8.1 mm thick and comes with 3D micro-arc rear surface design and gives a natural 3D color blending effect. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS and comes with Jovi AI.
The Vivo Y97 specs include 6.3-inch multi-touch display with FHD+ (2280 x 1080) resolution and boasts an impressive 90.3% screen-to-body ratio. It has 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM and allows further expansion.
Other hardware features include octa-core 12nm MediaTek Helio P60 SoC with independent AI Artificial Intelligence chip which users CorePiolot 4 multi-tasking computing skills.
The Vivo Y97 features in 16MP front camera for selfies. At the back side is 16MP + 2MP cameras with LED Flash. Most of connectivity options are supported as well.
Vivo Y97 Specifications
- Dimensions: 155.97 x 75.63 x 8.1 mm / Weight: 162.4 grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- Dual SIM support
- IR Face recognition
- 6.3-inch IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 2280 x 1080 pixels Full HD+ resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 90.3% screen-to-body ratio, multi-touch support
- Octa-core (2GHz A73 x 4 + 2GHz A53 x 4) MediaTek Helio P60 processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Internal storage space, expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- 16MP front camera with LED Flash, F/2.0 Aperture
- 16MP (F/2.0) + 2MP (F/2.4) dual rear camera with LED Flash, Auto Focus
- 3315 mAh (typical) battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V4.2, USB 2.0, GPS/GLONASS/BDS
- Gravity sensor, Proximity, Ambient Light, Gyro
The Vivo Y97 price is set at 1998 Yuan ($291 / Rs. 21,060 approx.) and comes in Aurora Blue, Starry Night Black and Fantasy pink colors. It is already up for order in China.