Xiaomi has just unveiled its latest 12 Series mobile phone. The handset is dubbed as Xiaomi 12.
The cell phone houses an in-display fingerprint sensor. It runs on MIUI 13 out of the box. There are dual Nano Slots inside with 5G / Dual 4G VoLTE. it has stereo speakers and delivers sound tuned by Harman Kardon.
The Xiaomi 12 specs include 6.2-inch HDR10+ AMOLED display that offer FHD+ resolution and up to 120Hz refresh rate. Its screen delivers DCI-P3 colors, 1100nits peak brightness and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. The screen supports heart rate monitoring as well. The cellphone’s screen has received DisplayMate A+ score, breaking 15 new records.
As you might expect from a flagship, it has Octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC inside. It has 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM options and 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage variants.
To keep thermals in check, the XIAOMI 12 5G houses 2600mm² super VC liquid cooling heat dissipation with super graphite and white graphene. For optics, a 32MP camera is placed at the front. At the back side is a combo of 50MP main, 5MP tele macro and 13MP ultra-wide angle lens.
The Xiaomi 12 feature a 4500mAh battery and supports 67W wired / 50W wireless / 10W wireless reverse charging. With this fast charging, it can charge from 0 to 100% in 39 minutes (wired) / 53 minutes (wireless).
XIAOMI 12 – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16 mm (Glass Plate) / 8.66mm (Plain leather)
- Weight: 180 grams (Glass Plate) / 179 grams (Plain leather)
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 12 based MIUI 13
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Display: 6.28-inch Super Vision HDR10+ screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, 419ppi pixel density, DCI-P3 colors, 1100nits (peak) brightness, Dolby Vision, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 12-bit colors, 360-degree Photosensitive, Heart rate monitoring, Auto brightness 2.0, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Chipset: Octa-core (3GHz Cortex-X2 x 1 + 2.5Ghz Cortex-A710 x 3 + 1.8Ghz Cortex-A510 x 4) Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor with next-gen Andreo GPU (up to 818MHz) and 7th Gen AI Engine
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 (6400Mbps)
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Cooling: 2600mm² super VC liquid cooling heat dissipation + super graphite + white graphene
- Front camera: 32MP with 80.5-degree FOV, 4-in-1 large pixel at 1.4um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, Slow motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: triple cameras with LED Flash, 8K HDR10/HLG 24fps, 4K HDR10+/HLG 30fps, ultra-wide-angle 30Fps, Slow motion 1080p at 120/240/960Fps, 720p at 120/240/480/960/1920Fps
- 50MP main ultra-clear with 1/1.56-inch Sony IMX766 sensor, 1.0um single pixel, 2.0um integrated large pixel, Full Pixel omnidirectional focus, F/1.8 Aperture, 24mm equivalent focal length, OIS, 6P lens
- 5MP macro with 50mm equivalent focal length, 3-7cm auto focus
- 13MP ultra-wide-angle with 123-degree FOV, 12mm equivalent focal length, F/2.4 Aperture, 5P lens
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) with 67W wired, 50W wireless, 10W wireless reverse charging. Supports QC4+ / QC3+/ QC3.0 / QC2.0 / PD3.0 / PD2.0 fast charge protocol + MI FC 2.0 fast charge
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi HOtspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2x2MIMO, 8×3 sounding for MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracat, Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, dual-band GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS/Navic
- Audio: Hi-Res and Hi-Res wireless audio certification, Harman Cardon, Dual Stereo speakers, Audio sharing, Dolby Atmos, Real-time ear feedback, HD Recording 2.0, HDR10/HDR10+/Dolby Vision content support
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance, Ambient light, Acceleration, Gyroscope, E-Compass, X-Axis linear motor, IR remote control, Rear Light (color temperature), Flicker
Xiaomi 12 price
- 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage model: 3,699 Yuan ($580)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage model: 3,999 Yuan ($628)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB Storage model: 4,399 Yuan ($690)