Along with Xiaomi 12, company has also unveiled Xiaomi 12X. Both of these share similar specs with only noticable difference being their chipset.
The Xiaomi 12X feature in octa-core Snapdraogn 870 SoC with Adreno 650 GPU. It has dual nano SIM slots with 5G and dual 4G VoLTE. The handset boots with MIUI 13 out of the box.
The specs of Xiaomi 12X include 6.28-inch super Vision AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection on top. It offers FHD+ resolution at 419ppi pixel density, up to 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 colors and 1100nits peak brightness.
The cell phone has options of 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. It has 32MP front facing camera for selfies. At the back side are triple cameras making up of 50MP main, 5MP macro and 13MP ultra-wide angle lens.
The smartphone houses 4500mAh battery and supports 67W wired / 50W wireless / 10W reverse wireless charging. The device supports multi-functional NFC and dual band GPS positioning.
XIAOMI 12X – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16 mm (Glass Plate) / 8.66mm (Plain leather)
- Weight: 180 grams (Glass Plate) / 179 grams (Plain leather)
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 12 based MIUI 13
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Display: 6.28-inch Super Vision HDR10+ screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, 419ppi pixel density, DCI-P3 colors, 1100nits (peak) brightness, Dolby Vision, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 12-bit colors, 360-degree Photosensitive, Heart rate monitoring, Auto brightness 2.0, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 870 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU (670MHz)
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 (6400Mbps)
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Cooling: 2600mm² super VC liquid cooling heat dissipation + super graphite + white graphene
- Front camera: 32MP with 80.5-degree FOV, 4-in-1 large pixel at 1.4um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, Slow motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: triple cameras with LED Flash, 8K HDR10/HLG 24fps, 4K HDR10+/HLG 30fps, ultra-wide-angle 30Fps, Slow motion 1080p at 120/240/960Fps, 720p at 120/240/480/960/1920Fps
- 50MP main ultra-clear with 1/1.56-inch Sony IMX766 sensor, 1.0um single pixel, 2.0um integrated large pixel, Full Pixel omnidirectional focus, F/1.8 Aperture, 24mm equivalent focal length, OIS, 6P lens
- 5MP macro with 50mm equivalent focal length, 3-7cm auto focus
- 13MP ultra-wide-angle with 123-degree FOV, 12mm equivalent focal length, F/2.4 Aperture, 5P lens
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) with 67W wired, 50W wireless, 10W wireless reverse charging. Supports QC4+ / QC3+/ QC3.0 / QC2.0 / PD3.0 / PD2.0 fast charge protocol + MI FC 2.0 fast charge
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi HOtspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2x2MIMO, 8×3 sounding for MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracat, Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, NFC, dual-band GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS/Navic
- Audio: Hi-Res and Hi-Res wireless audio certification, Harman Cardon, Dual Stereo speakers, Audio sharing, Dolby Atmos, Real-time ear feedback, HD Recording 2.0, HDR10/HDR10+/Dolby Vision content support
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance, Ambient light, Acceleration, Gyroscope, E-Compass, X-Axis linear motor, IR remote control, Rear Light (color temperature), Flicker
The Xiaomi 12X comes in Black, Blue and Pink colors. It will go on sale in China from December 31st. There is no word on global availability and its pricing.
Xiaomi 12 price
- 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage model: 3,199 Yuan ($502)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage model: 2499 Yuan ($549)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB Storage model: 3,799 Yuan ($596)