Xiaomi has officially announced Redmi 5A smartphone in China. It is successor to Redmi 4A and is cut down variant of the recent Redmi Note 5A.
The handset houses hybrid dual SIM slots and runs on MIUI 9. It has 5-inch screen with 720p resolution and is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC. It has streamlined body shape with metal-like matte texture.
The Redmi 5A specs include 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM and allows further expansion as well. The MicroSD card fits inside phones Hybrid Slot. A 5MP snapper sits on the front while 13MP camera is placed at the back.
A 3000 mAh battery powers the hardware. It has Infrared sensor as well. Most of the connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are supported at as well.
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm / Weight: 137 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM slots (nano + nano / MicroSD)
- runs on MIUI9
- 5-inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% typical color gamut (63% minimum), supports multi-touch
- 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage space, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card
- 5MP front camera with F?2.0 Aperture
- 13MP rear camera wwith LED Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, 5P lens, Auto Focus, 1080p at 30 fps video recording
- 3000 mAh (typical) / 2910 mAh (minimum) battery with 5V/1A Charging support. Offers 23 hours of video, up to 14 hours of gaming.
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, Bluetooth V4.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONAS, 3.5mm Audio jack etc
- Infrared, Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Ambient light sensor
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A price starts at 600 Yuan (US$ 91 / €77 approx.) and comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Cherry Powder colors.