Xiaomi has officially launched Mi Box 4 and Mi Box 4C in China. They are successors to last year’s Mi Box 3 and Mi Box 3s.
Both of these TV Boxes come with Artificial Intelligence technology that monitors viewers watching habits and recommends similar content. Additionally, it also considers movie reviews and comments before making a suggestion.
The PatchWall system brigs in super intelligent Voice assistant that takes vocal commands. It has intelligent error correction, control voice-activated appliances, search keywords, open applications, check weather, calendar etc.
- Color: White (Mi Box 4) / Black (Mi Box 4C)
- PatchWall AI Interface
- Dimensions: 95 x 95 x 16 mm (L x W x T) / Weight: 145 grams
- up to 4k (3840 x 2160 pixels) output resolution
- 1.5GHz quad-core 64-Bit Amlogic S905L Cortex-A53 processor
- Mali-450 750MHz GPU (3+2 cores)
- 2GB (Mi Box 4) / 1GB (Mi Box 4C)
- 8GB high-speed flash memory
- 100 ~ 240V 50 / 60Hz Power Input 5.2V, 2.1A Power output
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- BLE Low Power Bluetooth V4.1 + EDR (Enhanced data rate) (Only in Mi Box 4)
- Video Formats: RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV, AVI, MKV, TS, M2TS, MP4, 3GP, MPEG
support 3D video output
- Video Decoding: H.265 4K2K @ 60 fpsH.264 4K2K @ 30 fpsMPEG1 / 2/4, VC-1, DivX4 / 5, up to 1920 * 1080P @ 60fps ;Support HDR10
- Audio Formats: MP3, APE, Flac, AAC, Ogg
- Audio Decoding: DOLBY AUDIO, DTS- HD audio dual decoding (Mi Box 4) / DTS- HD audio decoding (Mi Box 4C)
- HDMI 2.0, USB 2.0, 3.5mm Audio and video output, Power connector
The Xiaomi Mi Box 4 is priced at 349 Yuan (US$ 55 / Rs. 3500 approx.) while the Mi Box 4C costs about 249 Yuan (US$ 40 / Rs. 2500 approx.). Both of these devices are up for pre-order and will start shipping in China from February 1st. There is no word on their release in other markets.