Xiaomi has announced its first smartphone called Mi Watch. It comes in two versions – Mi Watch Standard Edition and Mi Watch Premium Edition.
Both of them basically have the same measurements with 44 grams weight for standard edition and 56 grams weight for premium edition. The former comes with aluminum alloy dial with fluoro rubber strap while the latter has a stainless steel built
The Xiaomi Mi Watch features in 1.78-inch Touch Screen display and includes over 100 watch faces. Depending on the model, you either get Corning Gorilla Glass 3 or Sapphire glass protection.
It runs on MIUI for Watch which is based on Wear OS. 4G VoLTE calling is supported via eSIM along with built-in NFC for making secure payments.
The Mi Watch specs include Snapdragon Wear 3100 along with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM. It has Heart rate sensor for tracking heartbeats. There are differt sports modes and health modes and comes with European Professional Sports algorithm FIRSTBEAT which supports O2 Max.
Xiaomi Mi Watch specifications
- Dimensions: 44.69 x 36.92 x 12.28 mm
- Weight: 44 grams (Standard Edition) / 56 grams (Premium Edition) – Both without straps
- SIM: eSIM support
- Buttons: Knob + Button
- Wristband: Fluoro rubber / Stainless steel (Premium Edition)
- Dial: Aluminum alloy / Stainless Steel (Premium Edition)
- Operating System: Wear OS based MIUI for Watch (Supports both Android and iOS devices). Supports Xiao AI assistant
- Water Resistant: Swim proof
- Display: 1.78-inch AMOLED display with 368 x 448 pixels resolution, 326ppi pixel density. Standard Edition has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 while Premium Edition has Sapphire Crystal glass protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 Platform
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB eMMC
- Sensors: A+G Sensor, HRM Heart Rate Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Ambient Light, Barometer, OTS Optical Displacement Tester
- Health features: Heart Rate Monitoring, Sleep Monitoring, Stress monitoring, Body Energy monitoring, Standing Activity remainder, Sedentary remainder
- Sports Modes: Outdoor running / walking, cross country, mountain climbing, indoor running, Outdoor/indoor cycling, swimming etc.
- Battery: Magnetic pogo-pin charging. Up to 36 hours of usage.
- Mi Watch Standard Edition: 570mAh (Typical) / 560mAh (minimum)
- Mi Watch Premium Edition: 590mAh (typical) / 580mAh (minimum)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.2 LE, NFC (supports secure payments), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Speaker, Microphone
The Xiaomi Mi Watch Standard Edition price is 1299 Yuan (US$ 185 / Rs. 13,130 approx.) and comes in Silver and Elegant Black colors. It will go on sale in China from November 11th.
The Xiaomi Mi Watch Premium Edition price is 1999 Yuan (US$ 285 / Rs. 20,200 approx.) and comes in Black color with Stainless Steel band. It will be available in China from Mid-December 2019.