Xiaomi has officially unveiled its latest Redmi Note 9T 5G smartphone. It has several similarities with Redmi Note 9 5G which was announced back in November 2020.
The Redmi Note 9T features in 2.5D glass front and fingerprint resistant poly-carbonate textured back. The device has P2i splash resistant coating as well.
The cellphone is 9.05 mm thick and is powered by Android 10 with MIUI 12. It has side mounted fingerprint sensor and supports face unlock as well.
The Redmi Note 9T specs include 6.53-inch LCD display with FHD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and boasts 90.8% screen-to-body ratio.
Powering inside is octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor. The Redmi Note 9T features in 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and comes in two storage variants – 64GB (UFS 2.1) and 128GB (UFS 2.2). For thermals, it has machine learning-based temperature control system.
The smartphone houses dual nano SIM slots with 5G / Dual 4G VoLTE. Xiaomi has included 4 antennas for 360-degree coverage and auto switching.
Other specifications of Redmi Note 9T include 13MP in-display front camera coupled with 48MP (main) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) shooters at the back with LED flash. It has 5000mAh battery capacity with 18W fast charging support.
Redmi Note 9T specifications
- Dimensions: 161.96 x 77.25 x 9.05 mm
- Weight: 199 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), AI Face unlock
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Water Resistance: P2i Splash resistant coating
- Design: 2.5D glass front with unibody polycarbonate 3D back (fingerprint resistant texture), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display: 6.53-inch LCD display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450nits (typ) brightness, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, 395ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light Certification
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.4GHz A76 x 2 + 2GHz A55 x 6) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) processor with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2 with WriteBooster and HPB) storage space, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 13MP with F/2.25 Aperture, up to 1080p video at 30fps, slow motion 720p at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple-rear cameras with LED Flash, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, up to 1080p slow motion at 120fps
- 48MP main with 1/2″ Sensor, 4-in-1 Fusion Pixel (1.6um) technology, F/1.79 Aperture, Auto focus
- 2MP macro lens 1.75um pixel size, F/2.4 Aperture, 4cm focus distance
- 2MP depth sensor with 1.75um pixel size, F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh (typ) / 4900mAh (min) Lithium-ion Polymer battery with 18W fast charging. Comes with 22.5W standard cable charger. (up to 800 charge cycles without significant battery capacity degradation)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, FM Radio, NFC
- Audio: Stereo dual speakers with Hi-Red Audio certification
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, e-Compass, Linear motor, IR Blaster
The Redmi Note 9T colour options include Nightfall Black and Daybreak Purple shades. Both variants will start rolling out from January 11th.
Redmi Note 9T price
- Redmi Note 9T 4GB/64GB model: 229 Euros ($280 / Rs. 20,550 approx.) (199 Euros for initial buyers)
- Redmi Note 9T 4GB/128GB model: 269 Euros ($329 / Rs. 24,150 approx.) (249 Euros for initial buyers)