Xiaomi Redmi brand has just introduced its latest smartphone called Redmi Note 7. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 design at the back and comes with rear facing fingerprint sensor.
The Redmi Note 7 is extremely durable as well. It has 6.3-inch multi-touch display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution and comes 2.5D Corning Gorilla glass protection.
Under the hood is an octa-core Snapdragon 660 SoC and has options of 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM with 32GB and 64GB storage options. A 4000 mAh typical battery powers the hardware.
In terms of options, there is a 13MP front camera with face recognition, front HDR, AI portraits and AI Intelligent beauty.
At the back side is 48MP and 5MP dual AIM cameras. Primary shooter has F/1.8 Aperture, 1.6μm large pixels (combining four pixels), Super Night mode, Standard/Auto HDR, Face recognition and 1080p video recording.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- Display: 6.3-inch in-cell LTPS display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450nits brightness, 84% NTS Color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-Core (2.2GHz Kryo 260 x 4 + 1.95GHz Kryo 260 x 4) Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB built-in, expandable using MicroSD card
- Front Camera: 13MP with AI features and Portrait mode
- Rear Cameras: 48MP (Samsung GM1 sensor, F/1.8 Aperture, 6P lens, 1.6μm 4-in-1 pixels, PDAF) + 5MP AI dual cameras with LED flash
- Battery: 4000 mAh (typical) / 3900 mAh (minimum) with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 support. Comes with standard 5V/2A charger
- Audio: Smart PA, DSM, Independent Box 0.64cc large sound chamber
- Connectivity: dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, GPS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Gyro, Accelerometer, Distance, E-Compass, Ambient Light, Infrared, Vibration motor
The Redmi Note 7 price starts at 999 Yuan (US$ 147 / Rs. 10,390 approx.) for 3GB/32GB model. The 4GB/64GB variant costs 1199 Yuan (US$ 175 / Rs. 12,500 approx.) while the Redmi Note 7 with 6GB RAM / 64GB storage carries price tag of 1399 Yuan (US$ 205 / Rs. 14,540 approx.). Xiaomi has also announced 18 months warranty on the device. The smartphone will go on sale in China from January 14th, 2019. It comes in Ryo Black, Twilight Gold and Blue Dream colors.